AGC | Supply Chain Management Coordinator, Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Supply Chain Management Coordinator plans, directs, and coordinates the storage and distribution operations activities and engages in the storing and distributing materials and products. This is an exempt position with less than 20% travel requirement.
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, and shipping products or materials
- Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, and demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments
- Interview, select, and train shipping/receiving personnel
- Confer with department heads to coordinate shipping/receiving activities, such as production, sales, records control and purchasing
- Respond to customers' or shippers' questions and complaints regarding storage and distribution services
- Inspect physical conditions of storage areas and equipment, maintenance, repair, or replacement as necessary
- Develop and document standard and emergency operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, shipping or salvaging products or materials
- Ensure that shipping instructions are met so that delivery times and locations are coordinated
- Prepare or direct preparation of correspondence, reports, and operations, maintenance, and safety manuals
- Arrange for necessary shipping documentation, and contact customs officials to effect release of shipments
- Examine Associates’ work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of associates
- Ensure correct shipment of international orders and hazardous material orders
- Arrange for storage facilities when required
- Evaluate locations for new warehouses and distribution networks to determine their potential usefulness
- High School diploma required
- Associate degree preferred and/or three to five years in related production experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Basic to moderate computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Quality systems and ISO knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to operate fork truck
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.