AGC | Supply Chain Lead, Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Supply Chain Lead is responsible for managing all aspects of Capacity Management and SIOP (Sales Inventory and Operation Planning) Process and leading and coordinating Sales, Operations, Capacity Planning, demand planning, inventory management, material flow, and forecasting activities to limit cost and improve accuracy within AGC Automotive North America (AANA). Position is responsible for developing necessary related policies, procedures, and training across AANA operations and is the primary Safety Champion for Supply Chain and is responsible for supporting and adhering to the Corporate Safety Policy within AANA and our Supplier Partners.
- Performance metrics to be established for Demand Management, Production Planning, Master Scheduling and Capacity Management including locked “frozen periods” and inventory targets compared to actual
- Assess corrective actions for any performance outside of AANA Policies and Procedures
- Define, collaborate and analyze monthly Demand & Capacity data which will be reviewed by stakeholders and presented to appropriate Senior Leadership
- Develop SIOP process and procedures
- Develop and implement scheduling tools (pull, Kanban etc.) for Operations and manage and develop process
- Conduct capacity analysis monthly meetings and ensure that issues are either resolved or elevated during SIOP process and update systems
- Work with Commercial Team Members to review current and future business to develop correct capacity and production planning for each AANA Manufacturing location
- Define content and ensure weekly cross functional scheduling meetings are held for all AANA Manufacturing locations
- Lead finished goods and WIP locations targets
- Be a team player and foster a commitment to teamwork among other associates in a small, cross-functional team environment
- BA or BS degree with at least 5-7 years’ experience in supply chain, capacity and materials planning/production control or related field or equivalent work experience
- Must have experience in supply chain in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent analytical and proactive communication skills
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, AS/400 and Excel Pivot Tables and Macros
- Minimum 25% overnight travel w/ some international travel (Must be able to obtain Passport and travel internationally)
- Automotive background desired
- CPIM or CSCP certification a plus
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Please include salary requirements in a cover letter.