AGC | Supplier Development Engineer, Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries. AGC is currently accepting applications for a Supplier Development Engineer for their Farmington Hills, MI location.
- Drive supplier APQP roadmap to meet advanced supplier launch successfully
- Timely problem identification & resolution of critical supplier issues
- Drive cross-functional teams in areas of supplier quality management in a high volume and diversified manufacturing environment
- Represent Supplier Quality Engineering on new product development teams
- Establish and drive collaborative supplier relationships to ensure on-time delivery of supplied products that meet the engineering and program requirements
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or Operations Management or Supply Chain preferred
- 5+ years’ of relevant work experience as a Supplier Development Engineer, Purchasing, Supplier Quality Engineer, or in another engineering role responsible for developing, managing and improving supplier relationships, processes and efficiencies
- Previous experience in manufacturing as an Industrial Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Process Engineer, or directly related engineering role focused on process improvement is preferred
- Previous experience with new product development and/or with production ramp-up from low-rate (prototype) production into high rate (mass production) is preferred
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes and the ability to support supplier development activities, continuous improvement initiatives and quality management tools
- Working knowledge and understanding of the principles of capacity management, quality management, Lean Manufacturing within an industrial environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to read engineering drawings, tolerances, and dimensional data
- Ability to effectively interface with suppliers and internal teams to be able to influence and/or lead change necessary to execute strategy and achieve goals
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Please include salary requirements on a cover letter.