AGC | Sales Manager, Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
Summary of Position:
Sales Managers are responsible for identifying objectives, developing and implementing strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales earnings. Negotiating and obtaining new business awards from customers, front loading promotion of new products. Organizing and maintaining detailed records of account and program information including program schedules, cost/price, part design levels, market share, and production forecasts. Ensuring customer satisfaction by coordinating responses to customers in all areas including commercial, quality, delivery, and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering, or equivalent
- 6 years’ experience as Sales Manager or Account Manager within an Automotive Parts Company
- 3-5 years Daimler Sales working experience, preferred
- Cost and pricing working experience
- Ability to negotiate with OEM customer at all levels of customer authority
- Ability to understand technical drawings, specifications for manufacturing, etc.
- Ability to understand finance and accounting principles
- Deep knowledge of customer system (Covisint, WERS, etc.)
- Supports or, in the absence of a Sr. Sales Manager, responsible for maintaining/improving the Relationship with existing customers and with new departments within existing customers
- Supports the process of building a relationship with new customers
Mid to Long Term Strategy:
- Supports the creation of Mid-term Plan (MTP)
- Supports the creation of KPIs
- Supports the creation of the Global Sourcing Strategy
- Supports or, in the absence of a Sr. Sales Manager, responsible for:
- Local Sourcing Strategy
- Front-Loading Activity
- Negotiation with customer
- Sourcing Result for future
- Responsible for VE / VA Activity (if applicable)
New Model Development:
- Responsible for:
- Pre-Production Phase and Mass Production Price Change
- ROS & Price Tracking
- Prototype & Pre-production Trial Order Preparation
- Supporting Production Preparation
- Review and Approval of Mass Production Preparation (Commercial)
- Review and Approval of Tooling invoice
- Supports or, in the absence of a Sr. Sales Manager, responsible for APR Negotiation
- Responsible for:
- Value Up Activity
- VE / VA Activity
- SOR (commercial support)
- Pricing Maintenance / Aging / Debit Memo
- Customer Scorecard
- Service Parts
- Quality & Delivery Troubles
- EOP Preparation
- Supports Survey / Customer Request
- Supports Monthly Performance Review
We’re looking for someone with
Creativity – You possess the internal need to create and continually iterate. You look at situations with an open mind and develop smart, efficient and often non-obvious solutions.
Innate Curiosity – You are naturally curious about cause-effect relationships, what-if scenarios and why-done analysis.
Intuitive – You have the ability to see interconnections and dependencies between seemingly disparate pieces. You can identify a missing element and/or gap based on general logic, even without having specific knowledge or experience in the subject.
Self-Educating – In addition to formal training opportunities, you possess an internal drive to identify areas of missing knowledge and independently close gaps.
Internally Motivated – You have an internal drive based on interest and/or self-imposed expectations.
Humble / Customer Serving – You embody our mission to enable the customer facing teams to be successful. You understand that our customer’s failure is, at least on some level, our failure.
What Can AGC Offer You?
- Competitive compensation
- A structured bonus plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous PTO program
- Discount programs
- Opportunities for growth
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, 401(k), comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, discount program, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.