AGC | Safety Manager, Alabaster, AL
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Summary of Position:
AGC Automotive Americas in Alabaster, AL is seeking qualified candidates to fill the Safety Manager role. The Safety Manager plans, schedules, and coordinates departmental activities of comprehensive safety, health, and environmental program addressing all areas of operations in compliance with local, state, and federal OSHA requirements and AGC policies. This is an exempt salaried position.
- Develops and executes strategic departmental long- and short-range plans to support the company vision and mission as it relates to environmental, safety and health of the workforce
- Develops, deploys, promotes and maintains health and safety management systems including policies, programs, procedures, and processes designed to identify hazards, assess risk and identify solutions to effectively manage risk and ensure compliance with applicable regulations and company requirements
- Manages the effective operation and administration of the location’s environmental, health & safety management systems to ensure system reliability for maximum performance
- Develops coordinators, managers and associates through coaching, feedback, and continued training activities to assist them in developing skills and talents necessary to execute their health & safety responsibilities
- Manages environmental health and safety-related communication flow and coordination between departmental resources for safety performance, improvement strategies/initiatives and compliance issues
- Serves as liaison for regulatory agencies and for effective case management with the worker compensation carrier
- Establishes, implements, and ensures compliance in investigating and reporting incidents involving injuries, illnesses, property damage, and near miss cases
- Addresses all requests for safety related information from government agencies and corporate in a timely manner including preparation and submittal of required reports
- Audits facility for environmental/safety compliance to federal, state, and local regulations as well as company standards and initiates any required improvements
- Acts as consultant to the leadership team and associates for all safety and health issues
- Designs, implements, reviews, and leads safety related training programs to associates
- Analyzes past and current losses to identify trends for the purpose of directing and implementing safety focus areas within facility
- Leads and/or participates in problem solving activities regarding safety and process concerns
- Ensures safety and environmental compliance to all federal, state and local safety regulations
- Ensures a safe workplace for all associates and visitors by establishing and maintaining 5S and environmental objectives of department
- Recommends and implements the resolution of corrective actions to facilitate continuous improvement in health and safety programs
- Develops, deploys, and manage a performance system that includes metrics to monitor health & safety performance
- Prepares, manages, and achieves departmental financial and KPI’s budget
- Supports Corporate EHS activities and participates in activities as requested
- Demonstrates AGC Way in all aspects of responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Engineering, or relevant area of study
- Five to seven years professional experience in health and safety manufacturing environment
- Leadership experience in managing a mixed team of hourly and professional associates
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem-solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Strong knowledge of applicable federal and state safety and health regulations
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective presentation and persuasion skills
- Knowledge of Behavioral Based Safety programs
- Strong human relations and teambuilding skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and process skills
- Highly proactive and self-motivated
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Resume is required with application submission.
No recruiter phone calls, please!