AGC | Safety Engineer/Specialist, Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Safety Engineer/Specialist will plan, implement, and coordinate safety programs/activities to prevent or correct unsafe working conditions.
- Investigate industrial accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and take preventative measures
- Report or review findings from accident investigations, risk assessments, and facility audits
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance
- Plan, conduct, and/or coordinate worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, use of safety equipment, and safety behavior best practices
- Review employee safety programs to determine their adequacy
- Interview employees and management team to obtain information about work environments and workplace incidents
- Review plans and specifications for new machinery or equipment to determine whether all safety regulations have been met
- Compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data related to occupational illnesses and accidents
- Passion – Exhibits a dedication to the AGC mission, people, values and business. Aggressively pursues continuous improvement to advance the organization. Thinks deeply about conducting our business. Asks questions with curiosity as the core motive.
- Courage for Challenge – Expresses optimism and a positive attitude even when faced with adversity and crisis. Makes tough decisions. Learns from failure and recovers. Engages in life-long professional and personal development.
- Innovation & Change Orientation – Networks with a wide-range of contacts both inside and outside the company. Stimulates, encourages and cultivates new thinking, ideas and experimentation. Scans the internal and external environment for new ideas. Builds initiatives and business models from “scratch” without depending on past ideas or existing structures and resources. Exhibits intolerance for maintaining the status quo without asking questions. Anticipates and quickly adapts to change. Takes calculated risks.
- Integrity – Behaves in a predictable, consistent and reliable manner. Follows through and delivers on commitments. Leads by example. Communicates and agenda with transparency. Acts in a manner that puts company interest before self-interest. Exhibits unquestionable business ethics on a global basis.
- BS degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Engineering, or relevant area of study
- 3 to 5 years professional experience in health and safety manufacturing environment
- Leadership experience in managing mixed team of hourly and professional employees
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, KT, 8D, etc.
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state safety and health regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective presentation and persuasion skills
- Knowledge of Behavioral Based Safety programs
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.