AGC | Regional QMS Leader (Quality) , Farmington Hills
Get to Know Us:
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
Summary of Position:
The Regional QMS Leader leads the management of QMS standards and certification activities (IATF 16949, ISO 9001, VDA, etc.). Coordinates and conducts system audits throughout our North American locations. Supports the Homologation team on product certification activities for domestic and international safety and regulatory certification systems. Leads and coordinates process improvement activities. This role is responsible for developing, monitoring and ensuring completion of the internal and external system audit schedule for all the Region. This role is the main interface between Corporate, Manufacturing Sites and the Certification Body for all QMS matters, including revision and interpretation of Quality Systems Standards.
The Regional QMS Leader ensures compliance to all required quality systems certifications while leading continuous improvement initiatives across the organization. Ensures the company stays informed on all Quality System and certification changes. Coordinates training, development, standardization, and builds organizational depth in all functions surrounding compliance requirements, testing procedures, and internal systems. The role is responsible for ensuring all nonconformities detected during internal and external audits have a corrective action plan developed and implemented. Ensures the correct interpretation and criteria of the QMS standards is implemented across the organization. The Regional QMS Leader will analyze and proactively develop actions to deploy Customer-Specific Requirements inside the AANA Quality Management System. This position manages and maintains the AANA Quality Manual and the Control Documentation.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- IATF 16949 Lead Auditor training certification from a reputable trainer. Must demonstrate active participation and lead of QMS audits in the last 3 years.
- VDA 6.3 Internal Auditor Certification.
- Proven experience in a leadership role with responsibility for direct reports
- Minimum 3 to 5 years in Quality assurance a plus.
- Proven plant manufacturing experience will be preferable.
- Strong understanding of ISO, IATF, and VDA QMS requirements.
- Must be able to make tough decisions and escalate to management when needed.
- Promote and engage in “fact-based” decision making that facilitates quick action.
- Shall demonstrate ability to manage conflicts and resolve issues when there is resistance to change.
- Shall be able to lead, encourage and motivate team members from multiple sites to improve systems and persists until goals have been achieved.
- Shall have excellent presentation skills: able to conduct and explain presentations to an audience using verbal, written and electronic means of communication.
- Must be capable to search internally and outside for innovative ideas.
- Shall be able to challenge the “status quo” and propose initiatives from “scratch” without depending on past ideas.
- Shall demonstrate ability to anticipate and quickly adapt to change.
- Complete integrity with internal and external parties on all regulatory and compliance items.
- Able to research existing processes by collecting, analyzing and reporting data.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in the use of electronic document and record management systems.
- Knowledge in business intelligence, databases, and QMS software tools is a plus.
We’re looking for someone with:
Creativity – You possess the internal need to create and continually iterate. You look at situations with an open mind and develop smart, efficient and often non-obvious solutions.
Innate Curiosity – You are naturally curious about cause-effect relationships, what-if scenarios and why-done analysis.
Intuitive – You have the ability to see interconnections and dependencies between seemingly disparate pieces. You can identify a missing element and/or gap based on general logic, even without having specific knowledge or experience in the subject.
Self-Educating – In addition to formal training opportunities, you possess an internal drive to identify areas of missing knowledge and independently close gaps.
Internally Motivated – You have an internal drive based on interest and/or self-imposed expectations.
Humble / Customer Serving – You embody our mission to enable the customer facing teams to be successful. You understand that our customer’s failure is, at least on some level, our failure.
What Can AGC Offer You?
- Competitive compensation
- A structured bonus plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous PTO program
- Discount programs
- Opportunities for growth
If you would like more information or are interested in applying, please submit your resume and a cover letter that includes your salary requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.