AGC | Regional EHS&S Engineer, Elizabethtown, KY
Get to Know Us:
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
Summary of Position:
Coordinate and complete routine reporting (weekly, monthly, annual) and analysis of data reported by the locations. Maintain records in regional and global systems and support locations with related training as required. Provide support to the safety leaders of the locations (training, workshop, etc), and develop initiatives to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of EHS tools (digital and automated). Support maintenance and improvement of EMS (ISO-14001) and SMS (ISO-45001) document control and systems. Collaborate with regional and site leaders to drive sustainability performance improvement throughout the business through new and innovative approaches, initiatives, and collaboration with regional and global teams.
- Maintain updates and develop effective materials/media for training
- Support in AANA’s internal and external audits
- Proposes and monitors the quality and effectiveness of corrective actions based on audit results
- Support SDS (Chemical Management) maintenance and new material approval processes
- Conduct incident analysis, read across, and standardization of improvement across all sites
- Other data analysis and improvements as required to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintain AANA’s Safety and Environmental programs ensuring data integrity (Collects, validates, and reports)
- Maintain data integrity, consolidate, and analyze performance results, trends, and systems
- Conducts incident analysis and follow-up as required to ensure timely corrective action closure within our incident management system Synergi Life across all locations
- Maintain updated EHS roadmaps (improvement plans) in coordination with site leaders
- Propose and prepare communication materials for use in all locations to reinforce EHS and sustainability awareness, education, etc.
- Ensures that all duties and responsibilities are accomplished in accordance with company policies, practices, expectations, goals, and legal/regulatory guidelines.
Maintains and applies knowledge of new standards, current policies, and regulations
- BS Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Engineering, or relevant area of study
- ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 26001, experience with SynergiLife/Sphera EHS Management systems a plus
- Fluent and advanced knowledge of MS Excel/Power BI analytics and reporting
- 3+ years professional experience in Health, Safety & Environment
- 3+ years working in a manufacturing environment Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Computer skills including use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, SharePoint, and others.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state/provincial environmental, safety, and health regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Knowledge Synergi Life, Sphera or other similar EHS software programs for EHS management
We’re looking for someone with:
Creativity – You possess the internal need to create and continually iterate. You look at situations with an open mind and develop smart, efficient, and often non-obvious solutions.
Innate Curiosity – You are naturally curious about cause-effect relationships, what-if scenarios and why-done analysis.
Intuitive – You have the ability to see interconnections and dependencies between seemingly disparate pieces. You can identify a missing element and/or gap based on general logic, even without having specific knowledge or experience in the subject.
Self-Educating – In addition to formal training opportunities, you possess an internal drive to identify areas of missing knowledge and independently close gaps.
Internally Motivated – You have an internal drive based on interest and/or self-imposed expectations.
Humble / Customer Serving – You embody our mission to enable the customer facing teams to be successful. You understand that our customer’s failure is, at least on some level, our failure.
What Can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, paid vacation, 14 paid holidays, 401k with Company match, free uniforms, safety boot reimbursement program, prescription safety glasses (frames and lenses) and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, without sponsorship.