AGC | R&D Project Leader, Ypsilanti, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
- Advise on and propose innovative new product and process improvement strategies supported by market analysis, internal information, regulations, competitor intelligence, trends, customer feedback, research, etc.
- Develop clear project objectives and timeline and proactively adjust these as research develops.
- Propose and manage multiple local and global research and development projects and activities for glazing products, services, and applications using a gate methodology
- Develop, monitor, and report on project roadmaps that are guided by clear goals, objectives, timelines, and activities intended to contribute to the improvement of AGC products, customer satisfaction, and professional development
- Serves as point of contact/technical expert with stakeholders, suppliers, development partners, sponsors, or other AGC R&D teams for the purpose of providing or obtaining related technical information
- Manage day-to-day activities and performance of direct reports.(i.e. design, development, experimentation, technical reporting, expense tracking, project time management, time off, conflict resolution, lessons learned, team communication, goal setting, etc.)
- Lead and participate in root cause analysis activities: determine chronic system, organizational, design, development and/or process problem drivers and propose and lead elimination and/or improvement activities as identified and/or requested
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with outside labs, customers, and material and equipment suppliers
- Locate, collect, analyze, and report cost(s) associated with project activities from R&D through production
- Develop, propose, manage and report annual and multi-year project budgets
- Participate in global team meetings
- Advise and assist in related intellectual property protection processes
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or equivalent; as required by function
- Applied use of Stage Gate approach from R&D through mass production
- 3 – 5 years of leading multiple R&D or product validation projects simultaneously (automotive preferred)
- Must have 1-5 years of experience leading technical project team(s)
- Knowledge and experience with project level financial activities such as participation in the development of a business case, project budgeting, product cost evaluations, expense management, and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to apply common and thorough problem-solving methods to complex and non- complex, technical and non-technical situations, for results
- Ability to lead and mentor project team to follow process and adhere to standard guidelines,
- Working knowledge of specifications, standards, scientific test methods, equipment, and instrumentation relevant to areas of specialty
- Ability to prepare and present complex technical reports that are clear, concise and easily understood by technical and non-technical audiences, at all levels of the organization
- Use of Microsoft programs is required; knowledge of programming languages such as C++, ladder logic, Visual Basic, LabView, etc. is a plus
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on short notice (up to 35%) by car and air
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Please include salary requirements in a cover letter.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.