AGC | R&D Engineer – R&D Engineer- OEM & Tactical Projects, Ypsilanti, MI
Get to Know Us:
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
Summary of Position:
The R&D- OEM & Tactical Projects Engineer identifies and proposes opportunities for organizational and functional growth including identification of new technology and/or applications of existing technology. Proposes, plans, leads, conducts and reports results of testing, research, and experiments on glass processes and related products and equipment. This position assures that all duties and responsibilities are accomplished in accordance with company policies, practices, expectations, and goals, and legal regulations. Conducts and evaluates test and research data to propose and develop improved and or new innovative glass concepts, products, processes, and/or equipment using research theories and learned engineering principles. Implements, monitors, and reports results of research activities and testing in support of AAAR product development objectives. Ensures quality in a product’s design for usability, reliability, functionality, marketability, and manufacturability.
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering discipline or equivalent (Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical preferred).
- 2-4 years of experience working with testing procedures and validation and/or product design engineering.
- Working knowledge of Stage-Gate or similar methodology.
- Understands fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of the field of specialization and applies them in glass and glazing systems research.
- Project Management experience managing multiple projects/project activities in parallel.
- Skilled at problem-solving techniques, evaluation, and application.
- Working knowledge of principles of statistical analysis of data.
- Ability to provide technical input into the design, layout, construction, testing use, and procurement of materials and equipment being or to be used.
- Ability to operate and maintain test facilities and equipment, as directed.
- Ability to plan, influence, and monitor the activities of technicians and others assigned to assist.
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach to learning and performing.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with other research and development associates.
- Ability to organize and deliver clear oral, written, and graphical communication; using a storyboard approach.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) on short notice (up to 25%).
We’re looking for someone with:
Creativity – You possess the internal need to create and continually iterate. You look at situations with an open mind and develop smart, efficient, and often non-obvious solutions.
Innate Curiosity – You are naturally curious about cause-effect relationships, what-if scenarios, and why-done analysis.
Hands-On – You enjoy getting your hands dirty and have a passion for understanding how things work.
Intuitive – You have the ability to see interconnections and dependencies between seemingly disparate pieces. You can identify a missing element and/or gap based on general logic, even without having specific knowledge or experience in the subject.
Self-Educating – In addition to formal training opportunities, you possess an internal drive to identify areas of missing knowledge and independently close gaps.
Internally Motivated – You have an internal drive based on interest and/or self-imposed expectations.
Humble / Customer Serving – You embody our mission to enable the customer-facing teams to be successful. You understand that our customer’s failure is, at least on some level, our failure.
What Can AGC Offer You?
- Competitive compensation
- A structured bonus plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous PTO program
- Discount programs
- Opportunities for growth
If you would like more information or are interested in applying please submit your resume and a cover letter that includes your salary requirements at AGC Automotive Careers (https://agccareers.com).
Visit https://www.agc.com/en/ to learn more about AGC.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.