AGC | R&D Engineer (Optics), Ypsilanti, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
AGC Automotive Americas – R&D Inc. has an opening for an R&D Engineer in Ypsilanti, MI. This individual will be part of team which is responsible Identifying and proposing opportunities for organizational and functional growth including identification of new technology and/or applications of existing technology. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Conceive, design, and develop innovative new and improved optical and non-optical products (including but not limited to Heads-Up Displays) based on strategic organizational goals, including evaluation for technical feasibility and financial return.
- Manage R&D project activities from idea conception through mass production.
- Evaluate test and research data to propose and develop improved and or new innovative glass concepts, products, processes, and equipment using research theories, lab equipment, and learned engineering principles.
- Lead the design and development of new products; including material and product testing.
- Design, implement, monitor, analyze, and reports results of research and testing activities.
- Ensure quality in a product’s design for usability, reliability, functionality, marketability, and manufacturability.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations suitable for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Understand manufacturing process for assigned products.
- Apply research theories, engineering principles and experience to propose solutions to safety, environmental, R&D, and manufacturing challenges for glass products and processes.
- Collaborate with internal and external engineering and related groups.
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- 2-4 years of experience working with development, product testing procedures and validation.
- Basic understanding of the propagation of light, geometrical optics, and polarization.
- Working understanding of image acquisition systems including cameras and software.
- Working knowledge of principles of statistical analysis of data.
- Working knowledge and experience in each stage of the Stage Gate or similar methodology.
- Project Management experience managing multiple projects / project activities in parallel.
- Working knowledge and experience with GD&T, DFMEA, PFMEA, Process Flows, and Control Plans.
- Ability to provide technical input into the design, layout, construction, testing, use, and procurement of materials and equipment.
- Demonstrated collaborative approach to learning and performing.
- Ability to organize and deliver clear oral, written and graphical communication; using a story board approach, in an international business environment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on short notice (up to 35%) by car and air.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
If you would like more information or are interested in applying please submit your resume and salary requirements (MUST) to: email@example.com or fax to (734) 547-0750 or please visit: www.AGCcareers.com
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.