AGC | R&D Engineer – Testing and Validation (DVP&R), Ypsilanti, MI
AGC Automotive Americas – R&D Inc. has an opening for a Testing and Validation Engineer in Ypsilanti, MI. This individual will be part of team, which is responsible for proposing, planning, leading, conducting and reporting results of testing, research, and experiments on glass processes and related products and equipment.
- Independently implements, conducts, monitors and reports results of assigned R&D activities and testing
- Interprets and utilizes drawings, specifications, and standards to conduct full-scope testing and evaluation
- Applies engineering principles, problem solving tools, experiences and lessons learned to analyze data and recommend solutions to glass product and process challenges
- Prepares clear and concise technical proposals, reports and presentations suitable for internal and external technical and non-technical audiences
- Follows-up on implementation of recommended solutions and adjust accordingly
- Interfaces with internal and external customers as a technical expert related to new or existing products and/or processes
- Communicates technical and non-technical progress, proposals, challenges and key outcomes regularly
- Analyzes operating procedures and equipment and machinery functions to improve processes and reduce costs
- Designs and installs fixtures and equipment needed to carry out testing and development activities
- Monitors the activities of engineers and technicians assigned to assist in activities
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering discipline or equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience working with testing procedures and validation, must have
- Understands fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of field of specialization and applies them in glass and glazing systems R&D
- Project Management experience managing multiple projects / project activities in parallel
- Technical communication skill (verbal, written, presentation)
- Skilled at problem solving techniques, evaluation and application
- Working knowledge of principals of statistical analysis of data
- Ability to provide technical input into the design, layout, construction, testing use and procurement of materials and equipment being or to be used
- Ability to maintain test facilities and equipment, as directed
- Ability to travel by air on short notice (up to 20%)
If you would like more information or are interested in applying please email your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (734) 547-0750.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.