AGC | R&D – Engineer, Functional Coating & Films, Ypsilanti, MI
AGC Automotive Americas – R&D Inc. has an opening for an R&D Engineer in Ypsilanti, MI. This individual will be part of team which is responsible for identifying and proposing opportunities for organizational and functional growth including identification of new technology and/or applications of existing technology.
- Conceive, design, and develop innovative new and improved products based on strategic organizational goals, including evaluation for technical feasibility and return
- Management of R&D project activities from idea through mass production
- Conducts and evaluates test and research data to propose and develop improved and or new innovative glass concepts, products, processes and/or equipment using research theories, lab equipment, and learned engineering principles
- Lead the design and development of new products; provides leadership in design analysis and validation; beginning with idea through mass production
- Implement, monitor, and report results of research activities and testing
- Ensure quality in a product’s design for usability, reliability, functionality, marketability, and manufacturability
- Prepare technical reports and presentations suitable for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Collaborate with internal and external cross functional groups
- Prepare, design, and install fixtures and equipment needed to carry out testing and development activities
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering/Applied Physics discipline, or equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience working with development, product testing procedures and validation
- Wet and Dry (PVD, CVD etc.) coatings studies and application experience
- Printing studies and application experience is desirable
- Working knowledge and experience in each stage of the Stage Gate or similar methodology
- Project Management experience managing multiple projects / project activities in parallel
- Working knowledge of principals of statistical analysis of data
- Working knowledge and experience with GD&T, DFMEA, PFMEA, Process Flows, and Control Plans
- Ability to provide technical input into the design, layout, construction, testing use and procurement of materials and equipment being or to be used
- Ability to organize and deliver clear oral, written, and graphical communication, using a story board approach, in an international business environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on short notice (up to 35%) by car and air
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit your resume and salary requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.