AGC | Quality Resolution Engineer, Elizabethtown, KY
The role of a Quality Resolution Engineer is to manage plant level concerns related to the quality of products received, address, resolve any all concerns as expressed from customer experience, and manage daily non-conforming supplier products. The main mission of the role is to support coordinate with Production teams to resolve issues and to ensure Supplier Quality issues are corrected timely. This is a full-time salaried position requiring 10%-20% travel, dependent upon on business needs.
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
- Manage daily non-conforming Supplier Products with Production and Material Departments.
- Maintain daily/weekly/monthly/annual supplier quality reports.
- Update documentation needed from Suppliers for IATF and ISO audit requirements.
- Coordinate and gather information from Suppliers on Clean Point, 8D, sorts, and returns
- Conduct meetings with Supplier to resolve ongoing issues when needed
- Review Supplier documentation (Control Plans, PFMEA, PPAP documentation) for new PPAPs or changes to existing products
- Review and analyze information to take appropriate actions on outcome. When completed, file certifications on incoming shipments.
- Support new program/change launches by performing validation audits to verify product quality and process changes to meet specifications.
- Coordinate meetings with Suppliers to review their Root Cause presentations. Coordinate containment of all quality concerns and issues quality dispatches or customer concern responses in a timely manner.
- Maintain a flexible schedule to support 24 hours/7 days per week as required per Production operations.
- Generate PPM reports to Plant Leadership and actively assists in PPM improvement. Tracking of 5P timeliness and effectiveness and issues Return Material Authorizations.
- Manage Off-Site Quality Liaisons at NSL’s.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering with a specialization in Manufacturing/Quality
- 5 -7 of Engineering, Quality, or Production
- 2-5 years related Leadership and Quality manufacturing experience required
- Demonstrated experience working in plant operations required
- Strong aptitude for root cause analysis and troubleshooting operational issues
- Strong problem solver, with a highly collaborative approach
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and computer technology
- Operational knowledge of Production methods (ISO, Kanban, 5S, Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.)
- Knowledge of quality systems, TS/IATF, PFMEA, PPAP, MSA SPC and APQP/PMP process and GD & T
- Strong analytical, project management, and managerial attributes.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Courage to challenge status quo
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.