AGC | Quality Engineer (Tier II) Midwest KY/IN/OH Region, Farmington Hills, MI
Get to Know Us:
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
Summary of Position:
Identifies, evaluates, qualifies, and manages AGCNA Tier 2 assembly partners’ quality performance for AGC’s Tier 2(value-add) operations. Position will be responsible for program development quality and for mass production quality of products to AGC’s OEM customers. Communication and relationship building capabilities with external and internal customers/suppliers are integral requirements of the position.
In this role, you will spend more than 50% of the time at the manufacturing sites (KY and IN). Ideal candidate would be based in the Indiana, Kentucky, or Ohio region.
- Identify, evaluate, and support Tier 2 assembly suppliers as needed to supply assembly value-add to AGC glass or other value-add work.
- Lead and/or participate on teams in technical root cause investigation and resolution for Tier 2 assembly supplier performance issues.
- Perform verification and adjustment to APQP/PPAP documentation and practices (e.g. DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plan, Work Instruction, etc.).
- Ensure strong Tier 2 supplier support relationship is in place and maintained to benefit AGC and Tier 2 supplier.
- Establish and maintain solid and effective communication flow between Tier 2 suppliers and AGCNA sites.
- Manage Tier 2 Supplier key performance metrics via a performance scorecard so as to demonstrate continuous compliance to AGC requirements and performance improvement.
- Lead and/or participate in ongoing VA/VE programs with Tier 2 suppliers to provide a competitive advantage to AGC.
- Develop Supplier technical capabilities as required to assure product cost and quality integrity.
- 4-year Technical degree in Engineering(technical) discipline.
- 10 + years’ experience in supplier quality management or related fields.
- 5+ years’ experience in automotive supplier quality management
- Demonstrated effectiveness in supplier problem solving management
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) and Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) or willingness to obtain
- Demonstrated experience with ISO/TS standards and supplier quality auditing
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in automotive APQP principles and procedures
- Ability to interact with suppliers, customers, and internal management with a high level of effectiveness
- Self-starter, well-organized, able to make sound business and organizational decisions bases upon strategic plans
We’re looking for someone with:
Influence – Ability to create an atmosphere of mutual trust, mutual respect, and mutual teamwork. It is the means toward mutually beneficial outcomes: achieving project goals, individual and organizational success.
Creativity – You possess the internal need to create and continually iterate. You look at situations with an open mind and develop smart, efficient and often non-obvious solutions.
Innate Curiosity – You are naturally curious about cause-effect relationships, what-if scenarios and why-done analysis.
Intuition – You have the ability to see interconnections and dependencies between seemingly disparate pieces. You can identify a missing element and/or gap based on general logic, even without having specific knowledge or experience in the subject.
Self-Education – In addition to formal training opportunities, you possess an internal drive to identify areas of missing knowledge and independently close gaps.
Internal Motivation – You have an internal drive based on interest and/or self-imposed expectations.
Customer Service – You embody our mission to enable the customer facing teams to be successful. You understand that our customer’s failure is, at least on some level, is our failure.
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, paid vacation, 14 paid holidays, 401k with Company match, free uniforms, safety boot reimbursement program, prescription safety glasses (frames and lenses) and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, without sponsorship.