AGC | Quality Engineer, Bellefontaine, OH
AGC Glass Company North America, located in Bellefontaine, Ohio, fabricates high quality automotive safety glass for automobile manufacturers located in the United States and abroad. We are searching for individuals who want to join our fast paced, high tech, team environment.
Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, with offices in Kingsport, TN and Farmington Hills, MI, AGC Glass Company North America supplies high-quality products to the automotive, construction, and specialty glass markets.
AGC Automotive located in Bellefontaine, OH is seeking a qualified Quality Engineer within our Quality Department in our AVO Business Unit. In this role, you will be responsible to maintain Quality Assurance Department KPI’s (Safety, Quality, New Model Development and AVO Support) through continuous improvement utilizing Kaizen Spiral concepts.
- PPAP’s to OEM or AVO
- Sound understanding of the principles and content of automotive quality assurance systems
- Ensure good communication flow between OEM and plant for new model and mass production product
- Facilitate new model launch with supporting documentation
- Plant floor quality support for new model and mass production parts in the AVO Business Unit
- Participate in countermeasure activity
- AVO support for new model and mass production
- Supply support to the Ohio AVO in process stability & addressing customer concerns
- Demonstrates AGC Way in all aspect of responsibilities
- Willing to work flexible hours and travel as needed
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Engineering or related field preferred
- Five years’ experience in manufacturing environment preferably in automotive
- Extensive AIAG PPAP process and documents knowledge
- Strong statistical background in data driven process control and decision making
- Able to read and interpret blueprints or GDT
- Working knowledge of APQP and SPC
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work through and influence others
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.