AGC | Quality Engineer, Alabaster, AL
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Summary of Position:
The Quality Engineer leads the completion of APQP deliverables to achieve program productivity, cost, and quality targets and demonstrates leadership values in all aspect of responsibilities. Leads technical and operating personnel in a team environment to improve safety, efficiency, output and quality of manufacturing processes. This is an exempt, salaried position with a less than 20% travel requirement.
- Assists, advises, troubleshoots, and expedites resolutions and implementations of corrective actions to drive quality, facilitate cost reduction and control, work simplifications, safety, associate relations, budgetary conformance, or other department concerns
- Leads cross-functional teams to complete APQP deliverables to achieve program targets within program timing with a primary responsibility for control plans
- Follows OEM quality processes and submit required documentation / evidence to gain PPAP or other approvals
- Creates, edits, and maintains necessary documentation to maintain various company and outside certifications
- Monitors and improves the efficiency. output, safety, and quality of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting / analyzing data from other technical and operating personnel
- Plant floor quality support for new model and mass production parts in the AVO Business Unit
- Provides notification to supervisor and other production associates of production problems and assists in identifying and correcting such problems
- Assists in strategic planning, training and development of all associates
- Certifies all fixtures within a specified calibration time frame and maintain records
- Supports production with electronic fixture maintenance and maintain records
- Calibrates handheld tools per the calibration schedule and maintain records
- Performs data collection on specialized production on electronic fixtures/gauges
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering-related field and/or 2 – 5 years quality experience in a manufacturing environment, automotive preferred
- Knowledge and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as 8D, 5P, and PDCA
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Quality systems, IATF 16949/AIAG knowledge
- Knowledge of OEM Supplier Portals and related processes
- Knowledge of PFMEA, PPAP, MSA, SPC, and APQP processes
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Ability to develop and present solid solutions to team members, management, and customers
- Strong communication skills with ability to work through and influence others
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
No recruiter phone calls, please!