AGC | Quality Engineer, Alabaster, AL
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Summary of Position
AGC Automotive Americas in Alabaster, AL is seeking qualified candidates to fill the Quality Engineer role. This role leads the completion of APQP deliverables to achieve program productivity, cost, and quality targets.
- Leads cross-functional teams to complete APQP deliverables to achieve program targets within program timing with a primary responsibility for control plans
- Assists, advises, troubleshoots, and expedites resolutions and implementations of corrective actions to drive quality, facilitate cost reduction and control, work simplifications, safety, associate relations, budgetary conformance, or other department concerns
- Follow OEM quality processes and submit required documentation / evidence to gain PPAP or other approvals
- Creates, edits and maintains necessary documentation to maintain various company and outside certifications
- Monitors and improves the efficiency, output, safety, and quality of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting/analyzing data from other technical and operating personnel
- Plant floor quality support for new model and mass production parts in the AVO Business Unit
- Provides notification to supervisor and other production associates of production problems and assists in identifying and correcting such problems
- Assists in strategic planning, training, and development of all associates
- Leads technical and operating personnel in a team environment to improve safety, efficiency, output and quality of manufacturing processes
- Certify all fixtures within a specified calibration time frame and maintain records
- Support production with electronic fixture maintenance and maintain records
- Calibrate handheld tools per the calibration schedule and maintain records
- Perform data collection on specialized production on electronic fixtures/gauges
- Demonstrates leadership values in all aspect of responsibilities
- Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering related field and/or 2 – 5 years quality experience in a manufacturing environment, automotive preferred
- Knowledge and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as 8D, 5P, PDCA, etc.
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Quality systems, IATF 16949 / AIAG knowledge
- Knowledge of OEM Supplier Portals and related processes
- Knowledge of PFMEA, PPAP, MSA, SPC, and APQP processes (Core Tools)
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer communication skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Ability to develop and present solid solutions to team members, management, and customers
- Ability to work through and influence others
- Ability to multi-task
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Resume is required with application submission.
No recruiter phone calls, please!