AGC | QMS Engineer, Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The QMS Engineer will ensure the successful management of Certification activities for Quality Systems, current (TS 16949) and future (IATF 16949, VDA, etc.) standards.
- Coordinate and support Product, Process and System Audits throughout the North American Plants (Canada, US, Mexico)
- Support the homologation team on product certification activities for ECE, JIS, FMVSS, CCC, Taiwan, Brazil, and other international safety certification systems
- Assist in the Planning and conducting of Product, Process and System audits within AGCNA
- Report audit results from AGC locations into management review and ensure closure of findings
- Assist in the external third party audit activities (QMS and Homologation)
- Work with Ohio, Kentucky and San Luis Potosi labs to commonize testing procedures and frequencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical undergraduate degree
- Minimum 3 to 5 years in Quality assurance a plus
- Ability to read and write in multiple Languages a plus (Spanish)
- IATF 16949 Lead Assessor training from a reputable trainer (or proof of minimum 20 audits) or recent TS 16949 Internal auditor training from a reputable trainer
- Should have an understanding of an ISO/TS, IATF, and VDA compliant QMS
- Automotive Glass Homologation understanding a plus
- Ability to travel extensively, with short notice and internationally, mostly to US/CAN/Mexico with occasional travel to Europe and Asia. Expected 50% of travel per year with some months that could be more
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Please include salary requirements on a cover letter.