AGC | Purchasing ManagerFarmington Hills, MI
Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
AGC is currently seeking a Purchasing Manager responsible for all aspects of their relationship with suppliers, including quality, value and the ability to respond quickly to changing supply requirements. Position aims to select suppliers that can be long-term partners and help the company meet its growth and cost reduction objectives. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements required of purchasing department
- Represent AGC to lead negotiations that achieve optimal supply agreements for key raw materials
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers to ensure quality satisfaction
- Partner with Plant Management to coordinate activities of plant purchasing buyers in obtaining maximum value of AGC procurement expenditures for materials, MRO materials and supply contracts
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Purchasing (Advance degree or purchasing related certifications preferred)
- 9 years’ experience in purchasing function
- Subject matter expert in the Automotive industry highly preferred
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.