AGC | Purchasing Lead, Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Purchasing Lead is responsible for the development of a robust commodity strategy with global commodities which provides AGC with the best sourcing solutions with regard to cost management, quality, service and technology, global reach and supplier rationalization. The strategy needs to cover short, medium and long-term business goals and objectives and be able to be implemented by the organization, as well as ensure alignment for global commodities.
- Commodity Strategy needs to lead cost management goals and overall strategic actions to align the supply base to meet AGC Automotive goals
- Completion of commodity strategy which provides each region with the lowest total acquisition cost as well as maximizing the volume leverage
- Lead the development and implementation of 5-7 Forward BOM activities to ensure there is a robust process to meet future technology, performance and cost management to further competitive advantage for AGC Automotive
- Managing supplier relationships either directly or through regional purchase groups and lead buyers with appropriate alerts on costs trends, capacity risks, tools conditions, financial health, quality performances, pay terms improvements as CS deployment
- Identification and development of potential new suppliers, as improvement of existing suppliers in order to meet business goals
- Ensuring the commodity strategies are implemented globally with the support of the regional purchase groups and lead buyers
- Responsible for identification and evaluation of global opportunities within the commodity category for reduction of spend, consolidation of process, function and continuity of supply.
- Leads recommendations based on Total Cost of Ownership comparisons.
- Manages and negotiates supply agreements that require improvements in suppliers’ cost, delivery, quality, order lead time, payment cycles, technology, and/or risk mitigation.
- Monitors performance of the suppliers to ensure attainment of objectives in quality, delivery, service, and cost.
- Support sourcing components respecting the AGC Sourcing Board Process (Pre-RFQ, Tech Reviews, Sourcing Meetings, Kickoff Meetings etc.)
- The Leadership expectations of the position are the ability to Communicate a Vision, Deliver Results, Develop People, Foster Teamwork, Lead Change, and Demonstrate Integrity
- Master or Bachelors degree or equivalent through working experience with 10-15 years experience
- Knowledge of commodities and markets on a global level
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proven purchase management ability
- Ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally
- Familiar with IATF quality systems and ISO14001
- Experience in Automotive is a plus
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.