AGC | Project Engineer – Electrical – Salary, Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas(AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Project Engineer will coordinate activities in all areas of capital project development, implementation and completion in order to meet the defined budget schedule and return on investment. Provides mechanical or electrical engineering support for production and maintenance as may be required.
- Promotes a safe and environmentally productive work environment
- Develops detailed project plans including project schedule, budget, and return on investment
- Plans, coordinates, and leads capital project scheduling, budgeting and administrative tasks
- Manages all aspects of the project, including cost control, resources, scope, and equipment design
- Manages and documents the progress of project implementation to include weekly progress reporting
- Interfaces with team members, internal customers, and equipment vendors
- Communicates process, equipment, and tooling changes as required
- Conducts studies to maximize the efficiency of the production process as it pertains to yield, cycle time, job change time, mechanical failure and adjustment
- Presents monthly reports on capital improvement projects
- Assists in instruction, training and checking of assigned work areas
- Demonstrates leadership values in all aspect of responsibilities
- Other duties or projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (mechanical or electrical)
- 10 – 15 years of engineering experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CAD software, etc.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Ability to develop and present solid solutions to team members and management
- Ability to work through and influence others
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.