AGC | Program Buyer, Farmington Hills, MI
Get to Know Us
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
Summary of Position
The Program Buyer is responsible for planning and execution of supplier sourcing for parts and services for all new programs. The position requires coordination of activities between the suppliers and different functional areas of AGC to ensure program milestones are met on time.
- Lead purchasing activities as a key team member of the Program Team to develop cost targets for all bill of material items and supplier investments prior to customer quotes
- Act as the primary interface of the Program Team with suppliers
- Lead the Request for Quote process and analysis with appropriate cost breakdown/contribution margin analysis for all cost estimations and sourcing activities prior to sourcing recommendation
- Lead the Program Team in feasibility and risk assessment of supplier capabilities, quality, and logistics during the sourcing process
- Ensure all program supplier sourcing activity is aligned with AGC Purchasing Commodity Strategy
- Negotiate long-term contracts for supplier pricing, service, and supply assurance agreement to support company strategic planning and cost goals for all new programs
- Ensure supplier nominations for sourcing approval meet all program requirements including the total cost to budget, timing, quality, and capacity
- Generate and issue Purchase Orders to suppliers for tooling, investments and prototype orders
- Communicate new program supplier sourced pricing and commercial terms to the AGC Plant Buyers
- Lead appropriate supplier monitoring, corrective actions, and escalation where needed to ensure Purchasing milestones of the New Program Launch process are met on time
- Provide effective reporting/analysis and process implementation as required to support company planning/budgeting process, new product quotations, sourcing awards, supplier cost reduction strategies, and other needs as identified
- BS degree required. Supplier Chain or Engineering related major preferred
- Technical experience or manufacturing environment experience required
- 7 to 10 years working in purchasing, with automotive experience (Tier 1 and/or Tier 2) required, Telsa experience preferred
- Experience with SAP, AS400 and MAPICS desired
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including use of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively and efficiently with program teams, internal customers and suppliers
- Strong conflict management skills are a must to lead/support purchasing activities
- Strong leadership skills are a must to lead supplier negotiations
We’re looking for someone with:
Creativity – You possess the internal need to create and continually iterate. You look at situations with an open mind and develop smart, efficient, and often non-obvious solutions.
Innate Curiosity – You are naturally curious about cause-effect relationships, what-if scenarios and why-done analysis.
Intuitive – You have the ability to see interconnections and dependencies between seemingly disparate pieces. You can identify a missing element and/or gap based on general logic, even without having specific knowledge or experience in the subject.
Self-Educating – In addition to formal training opportunities, you possess an internal drive to identify areas of missing knowledge and independently close gaps.
Internally Motivated – You have an internal drive based on interest and/or self-imposed expectations.
Humble / Customer Serving – You embody our mission to enable the customer facing teams to be successful. You understand that our customer’s failure is, at least on some level, our failure.
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, without sponsorship.