AGC | Production Scheduler, Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Production Scheduler is responsible for converting customer requirements into a manufacturing production schedule while considering inventory levels, shipping schedules, lead-times, and staffing constraints to ensure 100% on-time delivery to internal and external customers. This position requires less than 20% travel.
- Prepare daily schedules and forecasts to identify any capacity constraints and communicate to Supply Chain Manager, Production Manager and Production teams
- Monitor production schedule and make necessary adjustments to control, maintain, and establish inventory levels
- Develop Capacity Sheets for production lines that include production totals, scheduling accuracy, inventory ratio, shift structure and planned downtime based on customer demand
- Monitor material inventories and review factors which affect schedules
- Coordinate with engineering on any changes by monitoring inventory levels and bank builds
- Alert customer service of any issues in meeting customer requirements on time
- BS in Supply Chain or equivalent field
- Preferred APICS/CPIM certification (American Production and Inventory Control Society – Certified Production & Inventory Management)
- 3+ years’ experience in a scheduler role in a manufacturing facility
- Experience working with an MRP/ERP system preferably related to SAP
- Experience with Materials, Production Scheduling, logistics required
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills to maintain plant relationships with operations, customers, suppliers, and vendors
- Team based management style and interaction skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, fast paced, and rapidly changing environment
- Strong understanding of scheduling concepts, practices, and procedures
- Strong attention to detail
- High degree of commitment and initiative
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.