AGC | Production Coordinator, Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Lead and supervise plant production operation in accordance with plant policies and procedures in order to meet KPI’s
- Training oversight over trainers for Pre-Process (Cut & Grind/Print-Furnance)
- Ensure Skill Sets are completed, execute required training and other specialized training as needed.
- Perform daily Coordinator functions on ELA2/ELA5/Re-Inspection
- Responsible for Quality issues and assist with team Coordinators on solutions. (POC)
- Responsible for inventory management.
- Learn and Train on SAP software and functions
- Promote a safe and environmentally productive work environment
- Effectively communicate to all levels of associates within the company
- Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, and job changes
- Manage labor usage of the team including overtime, absenteeism, and training
- Lead problem solving activities
- Interface with support departments – ie, maintenance, quality, supply chain, etc.
- Other duties or projects as assigned
- Coaches and develops production team for continued success
- Coordinates work schedules of direct reports
- Three to five years related leadership and production experience
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in business or technical arena preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Good understanding of 5S and lean principles
- Moderate to strong computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Quality systems and ISO knowledge
- Leadership skills
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong process skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
Passion – Exhibits dedication to the AGC mission, plant and department mission, people and values pursuing continuous improvement and thinking deeply about our business.
Innovation & Change Orientation – Networks with internally and externally. Stimulates, encourages and cultivates new thinking, ideas and experimentation. Exhibits intolerance for maintaining the status quo. Anticipates and quickly adapts to change. Takes calculated risks.
Influence & Communication – Expresses a clear and inspiring vision of the future. Overcomes resistance to change and builds a commitment for the future. Engages others in achieving more than they believe they can achieve. Takes time to get to know and communicate with others at every level of the company. Facilitates listening, open dialog, and two-way communication.
Leveraging Diversity – Aggressively seeks to eliminate barriers that inhibit collaboration. Identifies and utilizes diverse talent from across the organization. Employs the strengths of diverse teams to facilitate cross-organizational strategy and initiatives.
Selecting & Developing the Best People – Actively engages in identifying and developing successors and high potential candidates for future leadership roles. Sets and demands a consistent standard for selecting from inside or outside and puts them in right positions. Recognizes and mentors unrealized potential in others. Identifies and provides opportunities for growth and development. Provides feedback and coaching to achieve peak performance. Empowers teams to think and work independently.
Leading Toward Success – Empowers individuals and teams to translate vision into goals and goals into action. Provides the resources necessary to attain goals and complete actions. Confirms that actions taken are timely and consistent with best practices from both within and outside the company and industry. Assigns specific accountabilities and holds oneself responsible for outcomes. Engages in a continuous process of “thinking and rethinking” goals, strategies, actions, and progress to arrive at optimal solutions and results (PDCA). Promotes and engages in fact-based decision making that facilitates quick action. Eliminates barriers that impeded progress toward key projects and goals. Persists until goals have been reached.
Integrity – Behaves in a predictable, consistent and reliable manner. Follows through and delivers on commitments. Leads by example. Communicates an agenda with transparency. Acts in a manner that puts company interest before self-interest. Exhibits unquestionable business ethics on a global basis.
Courage for Challenge – Expresses optimism and a positive attitude even when faced with adversity and crisis. Makes tough decisions. Learns from failure and recovers. Engages in life-long professional and personal development.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.