AGC | Production Coordinator, Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Production Coordinator will lead and supervise plant production operation in accordance with plant policies and procedures in order to meet KPI’s. This is a full-time salaried position with potential for travel (<10%).
- Manage all plant activity on shift, working closely with other coordinators to ensure that all plant and department goals are met
- Promote a safe and environmentally productive work environment
- Effectively communicate to all levels of associates within the company
- Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, and job changes
- Manage labor usage of the team including overtime, absenteeism, and training
- Lead problem solving activities
- Interface with support departments – ie, maintenance, quality, supply chain, etc.
- Other duties or projects as assigned
- Coaches and develops production team for continued success
- Coordinates work schedules of direct reports
- Conducts annual performance evaluations for production associates
- Three to five years related leadership and production experience
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in business or technical arena preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Good understanding of 5S and lean principles
- Moderate to strong computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Quality systems and ISO knowledge
- Leadership skills
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong process skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.