AGC | Production Coordinator, Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Production Coordinator leads and supervises plant production operation in accordance with plant policies and procedures to meet key performance indicators. This role is responsible for inventory management, quality issues and assisting with team Coordinators on solutions (POC). The Production Coordinator interfaces effectively with support departments such maintenance, quality, supply chain.
- Oversees trainers for Pre-Process (Cut & Grind/Print-Furnance)
- Ensures Skill Sets are completed, executes required training and other specialized training as needed
- Performs daily Coordinator functions on ELA2/ELA5/Re-Inspection
- Learns and Trains on SAP software and functions
- Promotes a safe and environmentally productive work environment
- Coordinates production startups, shutdowns and job changes
- Manages labor usage of the team including overtime, absenteeism, and training
- Leads problem solving activities
- Coaches and develops production team for continued success
- Coordinates work schedules of direct reports
- Halts or suspends operations based upon safety or quality concerns
Education / Experience Requirements
- Three to five years related leadership and production experience
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in business or technical arena preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Good understanding of 5S and lean principles
- Quality systems and ISO knowledge
- Strong process and leadership skills
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Strong analytical and project management skills
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
For more information and to apply, please visit: www.AGCcareers.com
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.