AGC | Production Associate, Bradford, Ontario
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
We are seeking Production Associates and Certified Forklift Operators/Material Handling Associates to work a rotating shift (days and afternoons (switching every 2 weeks)) for daily production activities. Long term hiring leading to regular full-time positions in a Contract to Perm arrangement, steady hours leading to regular full-time positions in a Contract to Perm arrangement, steady hours and stable, clean work environment.
- Ensures safety of self and others within production area and is responsible for notifying supervisor or safety team of all safety concerns
- Operates either pre or post equipment in accordance with established production procedures for production of glass (vehicle window) product to meet quality of product and ensure customer satisfaction
- Performs periodic quality checks in accordance with established procedures
- Participates in Kaizen activities to ensure the continuous improvement of processes
- Maintains 5S standards which includes general cleaning, correct placement of tools, etc.
- Participates in job changes – job rotations every 2 hours
- Demonstrates AGC Way in all aspects of responsibilities
- Forklift positions operate Electric Counterbalance lift trucks and require training certificate within 3 years and must be able to handle manual weight lifts up to 50 Ibs.
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Basic knowledge of windows computer system
- Ability to learn quality standards to produce glass product
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
- High functioning team environment
- Opportunity of overtime
- Company provided uniforms
- Competitive wages (and group benefits upon permanent hiring)
- Very clean, quite and safe working environment
- Quality incentive bonus
- Perfect attendance bonus
- Climate controlled environment
We are located on Bradford’s east side close to Highway 11
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer