AGC | Product Technology Engineer, Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Glass Company – North America has an immediate opening for a Product Technology Engineer (PTE) that will be responsible for managing Standard DFMEA’s, Design Standards, and Product Design Checklists. The Product Technology Engineer will also participate in Design Reviews and transfer new technology from R&D to this engineering group.
These responsibilities are in support of the Product Engineers (PE’s) engaged in the release and validation of product designs to our customers. In this role, the PTE will interface with other functional areas within AGC, our supply base, and customers as needed to support the PE team. This position will be located in Farmington Hills, MI; within the Advanced Product Development team.
- Generate new DFMEA’s as needed and continuously update existing DFMEA’s to capture new product design lessons learned.
- Generate new Design Standards as needed and continuously update existing standard Design Standards to capture related lessons learned.
- Generate new Product Design Checklists as needed and continuously update existing checklists to capture lessons learned.
- Support PE’s in the preparation for Design Reviews and participate in the Design Review meeting to provide critical feedback on technical aspects.
- New Technology Transfer: Interface with R&D to release the DFMEA and Design Standard associated with new technology which has been designed and validated.
- Train the PE team in new technology such that they can present to the customer base.
- Coordinate and communicate with the PE and R&D to support new product technology for current customer development programs, including but not limited to Design for Manufacturing and Gauging.
- Bachelor’s required in a related technical field
- 3 years of experience in automotive product design [glass experience is a plus
- 3 years of experience in manufacturing
[new model launch and assembly experience preferred]
- Detailed understanding of: Design Standards and Specifications, GD&T and tolerance stack-up principles, and DFMEA methods and documentation
- Ability to communicate and influence at all functional levels and externally amongst suppliers, with respect to component product engineering and design.
- Ability to work in
officeenvironment in an engineering work station or conference room setting
- Ability to be hands-on working in the shop-floor industrial environment during
trial / suppliervisits
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on short notice (20-50%); by air and automobile
- Understanding of CATIA, UG, Ideas or similar CAD software packages
- Proficient in Microsoft applications: Project, Excel, Word, Visio, SharePoint, Adobe
- Team Center proficient, preferred
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
If you would like more information or are interested in applying, please email your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com or fax to (734) 547-0750. Submissions without salary requirements will NOT be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.