AGC | Product Engineer, Bellefontaine, OH
AGC Automotive Glass Company – North America has an immediate opening for a Product Engineering who will be responsible for engineering automotive glazing programs and products which AGC and our suppliers can successfully manufacture. This position will ensure that customer technical engineering and system requirements are satisfied, and program engineering documentation is maintained within our SharePoint and Teamcenter environments. The Product Engineer is also responsible for releasing 3D & 2D data to internal manufacturing plants and to suppliers and to correlate the data into internal engineering documentation.
- Lead the glazing systems engineering & design activities with customers and internal and external teams to ensure manufacturability.
- Direct and coordinate the technical & engineering activities for assigned projects and programs
- Initiate orders for external CAD services and provide external designers with contact information
- Facilitate all DFMEA activities
- Coordinate design with customer release engineering groups around vehicle to ensure all mating components align with design direction.
- Generate and file both AGC and Customer program documents:
- DFMEA and DFM/DFA Sheets
- Design Review and Feasibility Checklist
- Material & performance specifications reviews
- Product DVP&R’s
- Engineering and Manufacturing BOM
- Customer Specification Sheets
- C/F gage concepts for customer authorization and sign-off
- Regulation documents (logo and part mark)
- Confirm design level / feasibility and authorize for release of 2D & 3D data generated by Designers for the assembly and all related components supported by the E-BOM within Teamcenter
- Support prototype trial activities at glass, value-add, and component part plants
- Coordinate FEA and other simulation activities as needed with our Product Technology team members
- Negotiate technical specifications, tolerances, and alternative design proposals with OEM customer
- Generate DV / PV test plans for customer requirements of assembly and component parts and coordinate related preparation and test activities in accordance with customer program timing
- Support New Model Cost Quotations including CAD & technical information review, define component requirements for and initiate supplier quotations, and generate VAVE ideas and propose to OEM customer.
- Travel up to 25%, given program demands and timing
- A.S. or B.S. required in a related technical field
- 3 years of experience in automotive product design [glass experience is a plus]
- Detailed understanding of GD&T & tolerance stack-up principles
- Application of Project Management principles for multiple parallel programs
- Working knowledge of CATIA, UG, Ideas or similar CAD software packages
- Must have ability to work effectively under pressure and meet timely deliverables
- Familiarity with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) documents
- Working knowledge of various software tools including Microsoft Office products, SharePoint, and Adobe; Teamcenter, preferred
- Must be able to work with multiple departments and coordinate team members between activities
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.