AGC | Product Design Engineer, Ypsilanti, MI
Product Design Engineer
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
AGC is currently seeking a Product Design Engineer responsible for designing and validating the overall glass assembly related to automotive glazing products which AGC and suppliers can successfully manufacture. This position is a hybrid position starting in Ypsilanti working with AAAR and ending up at the Farmington Hills facility working with AGNA.
Responsibilities will include:
- Direct and coordinate the technical & engineering activities
- Facilitate DFMEA activities, document and archive activity results and review results with the program team and the customers
- Lead the glazing systems engineering & design review activities (internal/external)
- Support secondary tooling designs, assembly tooling and processes
- Support plants with Process Control Plans
- Support prototyping activities at glass, value-add, and component part plants
- Perform technical liaison role between corporate office, manufacturing plants, suppliers, ARG and OEM customer
- Negotiate technical specifications, tolerances, and alternative design proposals with ARG and OEM customer
- B.S. required in a related technical field or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience in product design (automotive and glass experience is a plus)
- Detailed understanding of GD&T & tolerance stack-up principles, project management principles, tooling and assembly
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.