AGC | Process Engineer – Encapsulation, Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Engineers and manages the development of injection mold tooling and automation. Determine operations to produce products and develops processes to ensure safety, quality, cost, and efficiency requirements are met.
- Evaluate, implement, and monitor processes and operating systems for the manufacture and encapsulation of glass products
- Assist, advise, troubleshoot, and expedite resolutions and implementations of corrective actions to facilitate cost reduction and control, work simplification, safety, associate relations, budgetary conformance or other department concerns
- Research the purchase of equipment or upgrades to current equipment
- Create, edit, and maintain necessary documentation to maintain various company and outside certifications
- Monitor and improve the efficiency, output, safety, and quality of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting/analyzing data from other technical and operating personnel
- Assists in strategic planning, training, and development of all associates
- Lead technical and operating personnel in a team environment to improve safety, efficiency, output, and quality of manufacturing processes
- Demonstrate leadership values in all aspect of responsibilities
- Other duties or projects as assigned
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering or Engineering related field
- 2 – 5 years manufacturing experience
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering or Engineering-related field
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Quality systems, TS 16949 knowledge
- Knowledge of PFMEA, PPAP, MSA, SPC, and APQP processes
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong process skills
- Injection Molding/ Encapsulation knowledge and theory highly preferred
- Process development & DOE analysis skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Ability to develop and present solid solutions to team members and management
- Ability to work through and influence others
- Passion – Exhibits dedication to the AGC mission, people, values and business. Aggressively pursues continuous improvement to advance the organization. Thinks deeply about conducting our business. Asks questions with curiosity as the core motive.
- Courage for Challenge – Expresses optimism and a positive attitude even when faced with adversity and crisis. Makes tough decisions. Learns from failure and recovers. Engages in life-long professional and personal development.
- Innovation & Change Orientation – Networks with a wide-range of contacts both inside and outside the company. Stimulates, encourages, and cultivates new thinking, ideas and experimentation. Scans the internal and external environment for new ideas. Builds initiatives and business models from “scratch” without depending on past ideas or existing structures and resources. Exhibits intolerance for maintaining the status quo without asking questions. Anticipates and quickly adapts to change. Takes calculated risks.
- Integrity – Behaves in a predictable, consistent, and reliable manner. Follows through and delivers on commitments. Leads by example. Communicates an agenda with transparency. Acts in a manner that puts company interest before self-interest. Exhibits unquestionable business ethics on a global basis.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.