AGC | Process Engineer – Encapsulation, Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Process Engineer – Encapsulation role engineers and manages the development of injection mold tooling and automation. This role will also determine operations to produce products and develops processes to ensure safety, quality, cost, and efficiency requirements are met.
- Evaluate, implement, and monitor processes and operating systems for the manufacture and encapsulation of glass products
- Assist, advise, troubleshoot, and expedite resolutions and implementations of corrective actions to facilitate cost reduction and control, work simplification, safety, associate relations, budgetary conformance, or other department concerns
- Research the purchase of equipment or upgrades to current equipment
- Create, edit, and maintain necessary documentation to maintain various company and outside certifications
- Monitor and improve the efficiency, output, safety, and quality of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting/analyzing data from other technical and operating personnel
- Assist in strategic planning, training, and development of all associates
- Lead technical and operating personnel in a team environment to improve safety, efficiency, output, and quality of manufacturing processes
- Demonstrate leadership values in all aspect of responsibilities
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Engineering related field
- 2 – 5 years manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Quality systems, TS 16949 knowledge
- Knowledge of PFMEA, PPAP, MSA, SPC, and APQP processes
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong process skills
- Injection Molding/ Encapsulation knowledge and theory highly preferred
- Process development & DOE analysis skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Ability to develop and present solid solutions to team members and management
- Ability to work through and influence others
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.