AGC | Principal Engineer (Product Technology), Farmington Hills, MI
Are you ready to oversee engineering projects of all kinds?
AGC Automotive – North America is looking for a Principal Engineer in Farmington Hills, MI to oversee engineering projects of all kinds. You will draw on your knowledge and experience, as well as your big picture view to collaborate and implement key engineering projects. In this role, you’ll join a cross-functional team, interact with global counterparts, and produce solutions that exceed customer expectations. Successful candidates will break new ground, learn from industry experts, make contributions, and see projects come to fruition.
What will you be doing?
On the “front end”, Product Technology is responsible to work with AGC R&D and our development partners to transfer new technologies into the application domain. On the “back end”, you will be responsible for providing our internal customers with the knowledge materials, development tools, and subject-matter-expert support they need to bring reliable, profitable designs to market. These knowledge materials and tools include design standards, standardized and new technology DFMEA’s, new technology implementation plans, engineering development tools.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Creativity – You possess the internal need to create and continually iterate. You look at situations with an open mind and develop smart, efficient, and often non-obvious solutions.
- Innate Curiosity – You are naturally curious about cause-effect relationships, what-if scenarios, and why-done analysis.
- Intuitive – You have the ability to see interconnections and dependencies between seemingly disparate pieces. You can identify a missing element and/or gap based on general logic, even without having specific knowledge or experience in the subject.
- Self-Educating – In addition to formal training opportunities, you possess an internal drive to identify areas of missing knowledge and independently close gaps.
- Internally Motivated – You have an internal drive based on interest and/or self-imposed expectations.
- Humble / Customer Serving – You embody our mission to enable the customer-facing teams to be successful. You understand that our customer’s failure is, at least on some level, our failure.
Reasons you’ll love it here: Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and customers. We are the world’s leading design and manufacturer of automotive glass and glazing systems for OEM and aftermarket industries and part of the AGC Group; the largest global glass supplier.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for growth. If you would like more information or are interested in applying please submit your resume and a cover letter that includes your salary requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.