AGC | Plant Accountant II, Bellefontaine, OH
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Plant Accountant II will ensure the accuracy and integrity of cost accounting and financial reporting as well as provide management with information and analyses for use in making decisions critical to the success of the business. The position will report directly to the Assistant Controller and will work closely with plant management.
- Possesses overall responsibility for maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the plant’s standard cost accounting system
- Supports the Plant Management Team to assure achievement of the plant objectives, including analyzing data to initiate improvements and cost savings
- Manages systems (cost accounting, inventory, and assets) for current, accurate and complete accounting and reporting of costs, overhead, inventory, controls and policies, and physical inventory counts
- Assists in forecasting processing including analyzing cost trends and patterns
- Assists in the creation and achievement of the approved budget of the plant
- Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Interprets and reports events and practices having an impact on product cost operations
- Analyzes and interprets daily cost data to identify problem areas and provides explanations to management of significant variances
- Directs variance meetings to build rapport with production personnel and aid their comprehension of cost data
- Coordinates and participates in the preparation of period-end cost closing data to ensure an accurate and timely close
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum 4 to 6 years Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Experience with ERP systems (Mapics, SAP, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be a strong contributor
- Ability to develop and present solid solutions to team members and management
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.