AGC | Operational Excellence Engineer, Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Lead the implementation of Operational Excellence initiatives within the plant. Serve as trainer and coach for the standardization and implementation of practices for sustainable continuous improvement.
- Participates in the creation of Operational Excellence principles, manuals, and continuous improvement tools
- Leads the implementation and standardization of Operational Excellence principles and continuous improvement tools
- Accountable for the training and coaching related to Operational Excellence within the plant
- Responsible for the day-to-day activities within the Operational Excellence procedure scope
- Reports the status and advancement of the Operational Excellence initiatives
- Identifies roadblocks and works with responsible parties to address
- Provide after hours and off shift assistance as required
- Other duties or projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (electrical, mechanical, industrial, computer, systems, operations, mechatronics)
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, and Kepner Tregoe preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in Manufacturing and/or Lean Manufacturing
- Able to communicate at all levels of the organization especially with floor associates
- Hands-on approach to supporting and mentoring production associates and with on floor implementation
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing tools, statistics and data analysis
- Strong utilization of MS office products especially Excel, Outlook, Visio and Project
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Please include salary requirements on a cover letter.