AGC | Office Assistant, Grove City, OH
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
AGC Glass Company North America has an opening for an Office Assistant position in the Accounting Department. This position will report directly to the Controller. This is a salary non-exempt position. The successful candidates must be a highly motivated self-starter requiring minimal supervision and show irrefutable business and personal ethics.
The position performs a variety of tasks in the accounts payable and accounts receivable departments. Primarily the assistant is responsible for invoice entry, expense report auditing, and assisting with resolving invoice issues, Accounts receivable cash application, and month-end general ledger data entry.
- Process invoices accurately and timely
- Audit employee expense reports
- Match invoices to purchase order and related receipt of goods
- Verify signature approvals for invoices as required
- Classify, sort and allocate incoming mail
- Prioritize invoices in accordance with probability of cash discounts as well as other payment terms.
- Reply to internal and external invoice and payment inquiries
- Resolve and follow up on invoice issues which prevent invoice entry
- Scan invoices, JEs and supporting paperwork into a document image archive system
- Document procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Perform filing, scanning, copying and general administrative tasks.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
- Process customer payments to their accounts
- Review customer account balances and coordinate with Sales regarding non-payment
- Communicate with sales regarding unauthorized customer payment deductions
- 2+ Years Accounts Payable experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- High School diploma required
- Associates degree with concentration in Finance/Accounting preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and 10-key by touch.
- Strong skills with accounting systems (AS400 and XA preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have strong work ethic and reliable in attendance
- Strong analytical, organizational, prioritizing, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills: approachability, treat others with respect, provide timely feedback
- Ability to effectively communicate both oral and written, interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division quickly and accurately
- Ability to be a strong contributor in cross-functional teams
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.