AGC | NX CAD Designer, Farmington Hills, MI
Get to Know Us:
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
Summary of Position:
The Product Designer position is responsible for developing 3D/2D data for glass assemblies and components related to automotive glazing products. In addition to data creation, the position is responsible to create and manage the related product structures in Teamcenter, based on requests. The position will also perform simulations according to specific requests.
- Interface directly with product design engineers to generate 3D and 2D CAD data for assemblies and components, including artwork
- Develop and maintain product structure in Teamcenter as requested
- Complete internal glass evaluation and simulations as requested
- Complete transfer of data to suppliers
- Document CAD procedures and cross-train other team members
- A.S. or B.S. required in a related technical field
- 3 years of experience in automotive product design [glass experience is a plus]
- High level of proficiency in NX. Basic proficiency in Catia V5 for data logging in Teamcenter is preferred.
- Teamcenter proficiency is preferred
- Ability to work in office environment on an engineering workstation or in conference room setting
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of GD&T & product tolerance principles
- Additional Skills Desired, not required
- Simulia (Abaqus) proficiency for Simulation
- Adobe Illustrator for artwork
What Can AGC Offer You?
- Competitive compensation
- A structured bonus plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous PTO program
- Discount programs
- Opportunities for growth
If you would like more information or are interested in applying, please submit your resume and your salary requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.