AGC | Mapics Specialist, Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Mapics Specialist will lead Mapics activities to ensure accurate inventory counts and reconciliation.
- Trains for general use of Mapics, Shop floor data entry, and use of Downtime Reports
- Monitors local system and ensures system is running correctly
- Leads, coaches, and develops Mapics staff
- Assists all levels of associates in correcting data entry errors and filling out Downtime Reports
- Performs EOM inventory counts, cycle counts, and performs the Mapics upload for full inventory counts of items
- Runs the Mapics yield report and updates the Downtime master report
- Monitors schedules for correct components and substitutions
- Performs queries (Mapics and C. Core) and file set up and maintenance
- Performs Mapics browser file maintenance
- Researches items of concerns and Mapics issues
- Communicates with all levels of associates and outside consultants in resolving Mapics issues and other miscellaneous tasks
- Other duties or projects as assigned
- High School diploma required
- Associate degree preferred and/or three to five years in related experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Basic to moderate computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MAPICS, C. Core, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
- Inventory control experience
- Ability to halt or suspend operations based upon safety or quality concerns
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.