Maintenance ManagerAlabaster, AL
AGC Automotive Americas(AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Maintenance Manager oversees the design, planning, and maintenance of equipment, machinery, and buildings as well as monitors and works to reduce consumption and cost of plant utilities.
- Ensures safe workplace for all associates and visitors by ensuring no production without the assurance of safety and establishing and maintaining 5S and environmental objectives of department
- Develops strategic long and short term objectives that support the company’s mission and vision
- Develops Maintenance team through coaching, feedback, and continued training activities
- Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance
- Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment to mitigate risk
- Establishes and maintains a computerized maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving problems
- Communicates regularly with maintenance team, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues
- Assists with hiring of maintenance personnel
- Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance technicians
- Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the maintenance department
- Monitors operation of plant equipment and systems
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement
- Initiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs
- Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times
- Directs, maintains, and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department
- Communicates directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field BSME or BSEE from accredited university is preferred. (Trade certification preferred)
- 10 years Maintenance experience and 5 years leadership experience required in maintenance / engineering
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot and program PLC's
- Competent in the use of and maintenance of robotics
- Must have experience performing maintenance and managing maintenance professionals that work on hydraulic plastic injection molding presses
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, relocation and opportunities for career advancement.
Please submit an updated resume and include your salary expectations as an annual dollar amount.
Applicants without salary expectations may not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
No third-party inquiries please.