AGC | Tooling Associate, Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Regular work schedule will be 3-2-2 schedule but must be willing to work any shift and be available for holiday, weekend, or emergency call in with short notice, will train on a 5-day schedule until deemed ready to proceed.
- Inspect, maintain, modify and fabricate parts necessary for mold/tool utilization
- Transports molds/tools to locations including the transportation of defective molds/tools to the maintenance area(s) for repair
- Maintains the side sections of tools by removing gaps from the frame
- Checks and repair tools for distortion, bend and to maintain tolerances
- Measures heights and maintain tolerances of the corners and center of rings
- Checks for balance of bending rings
- Assembles and modifies side and center sections of bending rings
- Set molds into injection molding machines
- Maintain moving components of the encapsulation tools
- Checks mold parting lines for damage, repair as needed as defined by Manufacturer
- Maintain Hot Runner Manifolds as required, replace thermocouples as needed
- Polish mold surfaces to remove scratches, pits and sandblast or dry ice blast mold surfaces to match required finish
- Steel Annealing as repairs require
- Mold spotting required periodically
- Other duties or projects as assigned
- Degree/Certification in Machine Tool or Welding Technology or Degree/Certification in Industrial Maintenance Technology with 5 years related experience
- 3 – 5 years related experience preferred
- Mechanically inclined with good problem-solving, math and computer skills and the ability to utilize problem-solving tools such as Fishbone, 5-Why, 8D, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, engineering drawings, and specifications
- Machine Tool and Welding competency
- Mastery of TIG and MIG welding techniques
- Competent in the use of Precision measurement devices
- Must be highly motivated, safety consciousness and be able to work independently
- Must have no formal corrective actions in effect
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.