AGC | Maintenance Associates, All Shifts, Alabaster, AL
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Maintenance Associate is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and process to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. Associates may train on other shifts for several weeks before being placed in the shift hired for. We have 2 locations about 1 mile from each other that you would be working out of at any given time.
Shift* Schedule Positions Needed
1st shift 7 am – 3 pm 1
2nd shift 3 pm – 11 pm 1
3rd Shift 11 pm – 7 am 1
Pay is based on experience.
2nd shift .50/hr.
3rd shift .75/hr.
*Associates may train on other shifts for several weeks before being placed in the shift hired for.
We have 2 locations, about 1 mile from each other, that you would be working out of at any given time.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Be a part of a continuous improvement culture.
- Work on a variety of machines and technologies relates to automotive glass production
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed
- Associate’s Degree – Industrial Maintenance or Engineering
- 3 – 5 years related experience
- Trade certification preferred
- Looking for technicians who are open and have the initiative to develop their skills (ie PLCs and Root cause analysis training)
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem-solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders
- Strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills
- PLC experience a plus
- Experience with robotics preferred
- Must be highly motivated and be able to work independently
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Resume and salary requirements required.