AGC | Launch Manager, Alabaster, AL
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Summary of Position:
Responsible for leadership and management of all New Model Launch (NML) projects/changes, Lifecycle Product and Process Engineering Changes, and activities for the Alabaster Plant. The Launch Manager leads a cross-functional team to ensure engineering, quality, and supply chain validation targets have been met for each change. Serves as single point of contact to Program Management leading and confirming all actionable site-driven responsibilities of the site cross-functional team associated with the New Model Launch Gate Checklist (APQP Process). The Manager is responsible for the factory readiness and successful tactical implementation of the program into production. This is an exempt, salaried position with a less than 20% travel requirement.
- Drives and leads various cross functional Program Launches and Manufacturing Readiness forums, providing clear updates on status and recovery plans as necessary at both working and executive level
- Organization and follow-up of open points/actions that are required to secure a non-event introduction of the program (i.e., status reporting, weekly, monthly, along with issue resolution status tracking)
- Ensures conveyed and well-communicated actionable items
- Interacts, integrates, and drives results across cross-functional teams
- Oversees the complete manufacturing validation for programs by Quality and Process Engineering, driving supply chain readiness and handover from launch planning to production planning; organizes and oversees transitions, and completes follow-up on excess/obsolescence planning and post program/service activities
- Oversees the finalization and validation of BOM for the program and all factory systems (i.e. SAP, etc.) interacting with Plant SCM / Purchasing
- Completes production analysis for costing of all parts and cost management for RFA’s
- Manages on-time delivery for all sample orders
- Coordinates design review
- Develops Engineers and Specialist through coaching and continued training activities
- Establishes departmental vision and communicates goals/objectives to New Model team
- Improves KTA activity
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or 7 years of experience in relevant discipline required, Engineering/Supply Chain experience preferred
- Firm understanding of complex production line operation (i.e., industrial workings between facilities/department, line balance, OEE, error proofing, etc.)
- Well-versed in production line layout, flow, and modeling
- Strong understanding of:
- Job shop, batch and flow production
- Cycle time/Bottle neck identification and methods of resolving
- Workstation organization and setup/lean manufacturing principles
- Statistical process control
- Designing of single flow lines to build multiple products
- Strong interpersonal skills dealing with all levels of the organization
- Able to effectively communicate to senior/executive level leadership and ability to work through and influence others
- Strong creative thinker and ability to devise and create solutions to complicated problems
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Proficient in GD & T
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CAD software, etc.
- Ability to develop and present solid solutions to team members and management groups within AGCNA
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
No recruiter phone calls, please!