AGC | IT Service Desk Lead, ALL US Locations
Open to any AGC NA site. (Alabaster, Alabama; Richmond, Kentucky; Elizabethtown, Kentucky; Bellefontaine, Ohio; Farmington Hills/Ypsilanti, Michigan)
Get to Know Us:
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
Summary of Position:
The IT Service Desk Leader role is to oversee all IT Service Desk staff and ensure that end-users are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of oversight of all procedures related to identification, prioritization, and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of service desk functions. He/she is also responsible for planning, designing, and analyzing the service desk according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of customer service quality and availability. This individual will assist with the development, implementation, and oversight of policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels and quick resolutions. He/she is also a contributor to service process design, performance analysis, and developing proactive resolution plans.
- Assist with the development of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes
- Assist with the development and oversight of policies and procedures that outline how problems are identified, documented, assigned, and corrected
- Analyze performance of Service Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, devise and deliver solutions to enhance the quality of service, and prevent future problems
- Purchasing and deployment tasks to fulfill IT Service Delivery to AANA requestors.
- Assist with decision-making processes for determining and implementing computer asset deployment policies and procedures leveraging tools such as SCCM
- Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Service Desk via telephone, web portal, and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues
- Track and analyze trends in incident requests and generate statistical reports
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations
- Identify, recommend, develop and implement end-user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency
- Train, coach, mentor and manage Service Desk Technicians
- Contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary
- Associate Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
- Certification of ITIL is preferred, but not required
- Extensive application support experience with the Microsoft Office Suite as well as other core applications
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, including desktops, laptops, printers, tablets, smartphones, and scanners
- Experience with Microsoft desktop operating systems, including Windows XP, 7, and 10
- Familiarity with the advanced principles of ITIL
- Proven track record of developing and providing SLAs and Service Desk deliveries
- Working technical knowledge of Microsoft System Center tools (primarily SCCM)
- Excellent software troubleshooting experience
We’re looking for someone with:
- Creativity – You possess the internal need to create and continually iterate. You look at situations with an open mind and develop smart, efficient and often non-obvious solutions.
- Innate Curiosity – You are naturally curious about cause-effect relationships, what-if scenarios and why-done analysis.
- Intuitive– You have the ability to see interconnections and dependencies between seemingly disparate pieces. You can identify a missing element and/or gap based on general logic, even without having specific knowledge or experience in the subject.
- Self-Educating – In addition to formal training opportunities, you possess an internal drive to identify areas of missing knowledge and independently close gaps.
- Internally Motivated – You have an internal drive based on interest and/or self-imposed expectations.
- Humble / Customer Serving – You embody our mission to enable the customer-facing teams to be successful. You understand that our customer’s failure is, at least on some level, our failure.
- Customer Service – You embody our mission to enable the customer-facing teams to be successful. You understand that our customer’s failure is, at least on some level, our failure.
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes:
- Competitive compensation package including base salary
- Structured bonus plan
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, and Life insurance
- Opportunity for promotion and advancement
- Paid vacation based on length of employment
- Fourteen paid holidays per year
- Company provided uniforms and PPE
- Safety boot reimbursement program
- Annual Perfect Attendance bonus
- Various employee discount programs
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.