AGC | IT Analyst, Bellefontaine, OH
AGC Glass Company North America, located in Bellefontaine, Ohio, fabricates high quality automotive safety glass for automobile manufacturers located in the United States and abroad. We are searching for individuals who want to join our fast paced, high tech, team environment.
Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, with offices in Kingsport, TN and Farmington Hills, MI, AGC Glass Company North America supplies high-quality products to the automotive, construction, and specialty glass markets.
Summary of Position:
AGC Automotive located in Bellefontaine, OH is seeking a qualified IT Analyst within our Information Technology Department. In this role, you will be responsible to administer and manage the day-to-day support activities for the manufacturing plant environment.
Responsibilities include: installation, testing, maintenance documentation and support of computer systems and software systems that make up the manufacturing plant operations. Technician will work to ensure that the systems conform to software and hardware operating standards set by IT and operate free from external threats. This position will work closely with all others within the IT department and key representatives of the user community. This individual must be able to understand business requirements including: system capacity and performance, system availability, disaster recovery and data protection.
- Provide direct-line support for manufacturing systems and services, configuration, support and management, availability, connectivity, performance, security, and protection.
- Help to maintain server and network infrastructure, switches, desktops and servers.
- Provide assistance in protecting the company’s environment from virus, spam, spyware, and other external threats.
- Perform direct troubleshooting and support, related to manufacturing system infrastructure.
- Ensure that all changes introduced in the production environment have been properly tested and approved in the lab environment prior to invoking the change. And that any changes to the environment are administered and documented using the Change Control Process and adhering to the Change Management Policy.
- Collaborate with team members to resolve operational issues. Provide systems applications design/support to include: Database query design, implementation of Corporate developed solutions, remote equipment user support and maintenance.
- Communication administration: user account administration, telephone monitoring operation and administration, problem determination and resolution.
- Provide telephone and desk-side support for all manufacturing applications, processes and procedures. This would include: support for remote software and manufacturing units as well as deigning reports.
- Responsible for system and personal computing training in the manufacturing plant.
- Minimum of 2 Years of IT experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfort and flexibility with cultures other than American are required
- Strong analytical abilities
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Proactive problem solving and prevention mindset
- Possess initiative, good judgment, persistence, detail-oriented, and creative ability
- Well organized and works independently and as part of a team
- Advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Preferred certifications in A+, Network+, Windows Server, Cisco, VMWare, Microsoft Azure
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.