AGC | Information Technology Analyst, Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
This IT position is responsible for administering and managing the day to day support activities for the manufacturing plant environment. He/she is responsible for the installation, testing, maintenance, documentation and support of system services equipment and operating systems that makeup the manufacturing plant operations. This position ensures that the systems conform to software, hardware and operating standards set by Centralized IT, ensures that they operate properly and are free from external threats. This position will work closely with all others within the IT department and key representatives of the user community. This individual must be able to understand business requirements including system capacity and performance, system availability, disaster recovery and data protection.
- Provide direct line support for manufacturing systems and services, including, but not limited to configuration, support and management, availability, connectivity, performance, security and protection
- Help to maintain server and network infrastructure, including, but not limited to switches, desktops and servers
- In cooperation with Centralized IT, provide assistance in protecting the company’s environment from virus, spam, spyware and other external threats
- Perform direct troubleshooting and support, related to manufacturing system infrastructure
- Create, maintain and report metrics associated with the performance and threshold levels of plant IT environment
- Create and maintain documentation and drawings
- Ensures that all changes introduced in the production environment have been properly tested and approved in the lab environment prior to invoking the change.
- Verify that any changes made to the environment are administered and documented using the Change Control Process and adhering to the Change Management Policy
- Collaborate with team members to resolve any operational issues. Provide systems applications design/support to include database query design, implementation of corporate developed solutions, remote equipment user support and maintenance to include communication administration: user account administration, telephone monitoring operation and administration, problem determination and resolution
- Provide telephone and desk-side support for all manufacturing applications, processes and procedures. This would include support for remote software and manufacturing units as well as designing reports
- Responsible for system and personal computing training in the manufacturing plant
- Responsible for anticipating issues and escalating concerns
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology is preferred, however a minimum of 2-year degree in Information Systems or related field of study will be considered
- A minimum of two years of IT experience in a manufacturing environment
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement
For more information and to apply, please visit: www.AGCcareers.com
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.