AGC | Human Resources Assistant, Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Primary to this role is support of the human resource (HR) and administrative office functions with a high level of confidentiality and integrity. The Human Resource Assistant provides support in a team working relationship, as a result, will need the ability to work with many different leaders in parallel. The HR Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission and results-driven. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Human Resource Assistant will have the ability to work independently on activities and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Assist with development and administration of Human Resource programs, procedures, documents
- Support Human Resource function through compliance reviews, attracting, recruiting, retention, and transition activities, as appropriate.
- Provide historical reference information by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems
- Perform routine office duties in support of the Farmington Hills Team
- Review, proofread and assist with any materials, including documents, reports, presentations, briefings and other items ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Manage communications and correspondence
- Plans, coordinates, organizes and communicates complex events and schedules
- Complex calendar management, including scheduling/arranging meetings
- Ensure supporting materials (agendas, presentations, reports, etc.) for meetings and events are prepared accurately and provided in a timely manner
- Coordinate travel arrangements both domestic and international, including air, hotel, and transportation
- Maintain office equipment, inventory, anticipates needed supplies; evaluates new office products
- Coordinate and support on-site events/meetings (preparation, meals, clean-up) principles and experience to propose solutions to safety, environmental, R&D, and manufacturing challenges for glass product/process
- Degree preferred or 3 to 5 years of combined experience supporting general office functions and/or HR function
- Knowledge of and experience with human resources processes and procedures
- Experience in managing day-to-day office operations
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Strong communication skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff and external parties
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capabilities
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Sharepoint and Visio experience helpful
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.