AGC | HR Manager, Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Glass Company – North America has an immediate opening for an HR Manager responsible for planning, coordinating, and leading all activities of the human resources function at local site. The HR Manager will act as Business Partner to local leadership team and will be responsible for development of business plans to effect organizational change for operational growth.
- Develops strategic long- and short-range plans to support company vision and mission
- Plans, manages, and achieves departmental budget
- Develops team through coaching, feedback, and continued training activities
- Recommends and develops business plans, policies, and procedures for facility
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals
- Leads conflict resolution activities and investigations as may be required
- Acts as primary HR interface with salaried associates, state employment security offices, and community relations
- Administers benefits & compensation program for facility in coordination with AGNA compensation team
- Leads and facilitates associate feedback meetings, benefits meetings, etc.
- Coaches leadership team for skill development and operational growth
- Establishes and ensures strong associate relations through development of leaders
- Ensures safe workplace for all associates and visitors by establishing and maintaining 5S and environmental objectives of department
- Acts as company representative at worker compensation hearings, i.e. impairment ratings
- Demonstrates AGC Way in all aspects of responsibilities
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business or Human Resources; Master’s degree preferred
- Eight to ten years progressive HR leadership experience
- Facilitation skills/experience required
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including use of ADP, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities, 5S and lean principles
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Ability to interpret, implement, and ensure compliance to federal and state employment regulations with ability to establish resource to stay abreast of potential changes to regulations/law that may impact the company
- Self-motivated, energetic with the ability to think outside the norm
- Ability to halt or suspend operations based upon safety or quality concerns.
- Ability to recruit, coach, and/or terminate employment
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.