AGC | HR Generalist , Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The HR Generalist assists with the day-to-day activities of the human resources function for a single site facility acting as primary HR interface with associates. Establishes and ensures strong and positive associate relations environment. Facilitates and coordinates important aspects such as associate on-boarding, meetings or events.
- Participates in development of departmental goals, objectives, and associate relations plans
- Develops and maintains relationships with employment agencies, universities, and other recruitment sources
- Coordinates and maintains all hourly employee records including personnel, benefits, confidential, and training files
- Develops, prepares, and distributes reports as required on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis
- Administers hourly performance management system
- Manages FMLA program including review of request, approval/denial of request, and notification to employee in accordance with Department of Labor standards and coordination with other leave types
- Coordinates, conducts and/or participates in conflict resolution activities and investigations with appropriate personnel as necessary
- Ensures all proper documentation is in place for all associate record keeping
- Works closely with corporate benefits and payroll teams to ensure all benefit plans and payroll activities are in accordance with corporate guidelines
- Coaches leadership team for skill development in coordination with HR Manager
Education / Experience Requirements
- Two to three years of experience in manufacturing environment
- PHR or other HR certifications preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, KT, 8D, etc.
- Advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Knowledge of ADP, Kronos or other HR systems
- Strong interpersonal. leadership, facilitation and coaching skills
- Ability to interpret, implement, and ensure compliance to federal and state employment regulations with ability to establish resource to stay abreast of potential changes to regulations/law that may impact the company
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
For more information and to apply, please visit: www.AGCcareers.com
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.