AGC | Financial Planning & Analysis Manager, Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager is responsible for providing the financial and business analysis support to the Business Leaders of AANA. Position leads the Budgeting, Forecasting, Mgmt. Reporting and Sales Analysis processes for the region which consists of U.S., Canada and Mexico Plant Operations as well as Corporate Cost Centers for the Automotive Business. The role will have responsibility to drive Automotive Corporate FP&A’s function to a more proactive approach, with an emphasis on development, monitoring and interpretation of predictive metrics and insightful financial analysis to help drive increased business intelligence and improved decision making. The position will ensure that relevant financial information is communicated effectively and timely to senior management, including making recommendations regarding developing financial trends. In coordination with the Regional Finance Team, the position will also be responsible for developing and providing certain information to meet the company’s monthly and quarterly management reporting requirements. Must drive improved systems to support the consolidation, reporting, and process changes to ensure impactful, timely reporting and analysis is available to optimize business performance.
- Lead the monthly forecasting process supported by the Plant Controllers and other business leaders.
- Lead the annual budget process supported by the financial team and other business leaders to deliver results aligned with strategic objectives. Implement ongoing improvement to the Budget process.
- Prepare financial schedules, reports and presentations for various groups, including Corporate Head Office, Regional Head Office, & other senior leaders.
- Develop more robust and automated reporting tools and processes utilizing current systems and resources to streamline analytics and reporting.
- Lead the monthly sales variance analyses of actual financial results and drivers utilizing price, volume and mix reporting.
- Primary driver for all sales reporting, margin analysis, product, customer and profitability.
- Partner with the VP’s of the various Business Units and sales teams to develop, report and analyze key customer and sales metrics and results.
- Partner with VP’s of the various Business Units to lead the preparation and analysis of product and customer profitability; drive improvements and consistency across the business enterprise.
- Support ad hoc analysis & projects in support of the strategy of the business.
- Assists with account reconciliations and monthly entries as needed to meet the needs of the division.
- An experienced financial planning and analysis manager to support the leadership teams who will develop analysis to lead change. Must have ability to influence others with conclusions of the financial analysis so the business can attain the targeted objectives.
- Confident team player with strong interpersonal skills who can work across multiple functions to achieve goals.
- Active analyst skill set which can construct complex financial models that parallel the business options and outlook.
- Fosters teamwork, leads change and demonstrates integrity.
- Possesses a “whatever it takes to get the job done” attitude; goal and deadline oriented.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented person with a drive to succeed.
- Possesses irrefutable business and personal ethics
- BS in Finance or Accounting required; CFA and/or MBA a plus.
- Minimum +7 years of related experience in financial analysis and complex modeling.
- At least 3 years of accounting or financial related experience with product cost knowledge (experience with standard product costing a plus).
- Ability to analyze complex information, draw logical conclusions about business implications and identify actions.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills including the ability to present and explain financial results in a credible, professional manner to wide variety of audiences.
- Expert skills in Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Strong financial systems skills with experience in Cognos (or similar such as Hyperion) and familiarity with accessing ERP’s information for analysis and data mining.
- Strong knowledge of management reporting practices.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.