AGC | Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst, Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst is responsible for providing the financial and business analysis support to the Business Leaders of AANA under the guidance of the FP&A Manager. The Position leads the Sales Analysis Analytics, including Volume/Mix/Price process for the region which consists of U.S., Canada and Mexico Operations for the Automotive Business. The role will play a key role in supporting the forecasting and budget process with an emphasis on development, monitoring and interpretation of predictive sales/margin metrics and insightful sales/margin analysis to help drive increased business intelligence and improved decision making. The position will ensure that relevant financial information is communicated effectively and timely to management, including making recommendations regarding developing financial trends. In coordination with the FP&A Manger, the position will also be responsible for supporting and providing certain information to meet the company’s monthly and quarterly management reporting requirements. Must drive improved systems to support analytics, reporting, and process changes to ensure impactful, timely reporting and analysis is available to optimize business performance.
- Lead the monthly sales variance analysis of actual financial results and drivers, utilizing price, volume and mix reporting under the guidance of the FP&A Manager.
- Lead the monthly financial sales and margin forecasting process.
- Support the annual sales budget process in conjunction with key sales team members and supply chain team members, including implementing ongoing improvement to the Budget process.
- Prepare sales schedules, reports and presentations for various groups, including Corporate Head Office, Regional Head Office, & others as needed.
- Develop more robust and automated reporting tools and processes utilizing current systems and resources to streamline sales/margin analytics and reporting.
- Partner with Business Leaders and sales teams to develop, report and analyze key customer and sales metrics and results.
- Partner with Business Leaders to lead the preparation and analysis of product and customer profitability; drive improvements and consistency across the business enterprise.
- Support ad hoc analysis & projects in support of the strategy of the business.
- Assists with account reconciliations and monthly entries as needed to meet the needs of the division.
- Must have ability to influence others with conclusions of the financial analysis so the business can attain the targeted objectives.
- Confident team player with strong interpersonal skills who can work across multiple functions to achieve goals.
- Active analyst skill set which can construct complex financial models that parallel the business options and outlook.
- Fosters teamwork, leads change and demonstrates integrity.
- Possesses a “whatever it takes to get the job done” attitude; goal and deadline oriented.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented person with a drive to succeed.
- Possesses irrefutable business and personal ethics.
- BS in Finance or Accounting required.
- Minimum +2 years of related experience in financial analysis and modeling.
- At least 1 year of accounting or financial related experience with product cost knowledge and standard product costing a plus.
- Ability to analyze complex information, draw logical conclusions about business implications and identify actions.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills including the ability to present and explain financial results in a credible, professional manner to wide variety of audiences.
- Expert skills in Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Strong financial systems skills with experience in Cognos (or similar such as Hyperion) and familiarity with accessing ERP’s information for analysis and data mining.
- Knowledge of management reporting practices.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.