AGC | Environmental, Health and Safety Sr. Manager, Farmington Hills, MI
The EHS Sr. Manager develops, implements and manages the environmental, health and safety strategy, programs, policies and procedures for AGC Automotive North America. Must be familiar with federal, state and local environmental and safety laws, as well as Canadian and Mexican environmental and safety laws, and ensure compliance with all appropriate regulations. The EHS Manager is responsible for maintenance of environmental and safety statistics and accident records and for all associated governmental reporting requirements.
- Develops short, medium- and long-term strategy for regional development of EHS at all sites as a member of the AANA Leadership Team
- Develops and/or maintains written Corporate EHS programs, including policies and procedures, and ensures compliance by all locations with all applicable local, state/provincial and federal mandates including Mexico & Canada
- Audits Company facilities to ensure compliance with Corporate EHS directives, governmental and regulatory mandates, and required training initiatives
- Monitors and analyzes workers’ compensation costs and develops programs to minimize costs
- Analyzes incident and injury trends, issues and results and develops recommendations and action plans to address and improve those trends and results
- Develops and implements EHS training for North American operations
- Establishes and ensures compliance with procedures for recording and reporting EHS information
- Manages/coordinates EHS processes for Automotive businesses in North America
- Leads regional AANA EHS Team, selecting and developing the best people, coaching and managing performance, leveraging diversity and offering opportunities for growth
- Helps manage and implement Global Safety Initiatives and Programs in North America
- BS Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Engineering, or relevant area of study
- Master’s Degree a plus
- Key certifications, e.g. CHMM, CSR-P, etc.
- 10+ years professional experience in Health, Safety & Environment
- 5+ years working in a manufacturing environment
- ISO 14001
- Computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Airsweb or other similar EHS software programs for safety management
- Strong knowledge of applicable federal and state/provincial safety and health regulations
- Strong knowledge of applicable safety & health regulations in Canada & Mexico
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Knowledge of Behavioral Based Safety
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong overall leadership skills to influence without authority & lead teams remotely
- Travel time of 40-50% is required
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.