AGC | Director of Sales and Marketing, Grove City, OH
Will report to General Manager and will be responsible for the following; Financial Planning and Strategy, Marketing Concepts, Positioning, People Management, Sales Planning, Competitive Analysis, Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Customer Relationships
- Accomplishes marketing and sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures. Creating and maintain department policies and procedures in alignment with senior management.
- Achieves divisional objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and developing and implementing strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets divisional financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Determines annual gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplishes divisional objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing sales action plans.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share, both short and long term
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; overseeing new product development.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Fully responsible for creating business cases, job and process procedures, as well as quality specifications, for all Products, Programs, and New Model Developments. This includes all activity from model selection until delivered and accepted by manufacturing.
- Responsible for writing and developing all Jsox, Quality, and other required procedures and processes.
- BS/BA (Or Equivalent) in Communications or Business or other related major preferred
- 7 – 9 years inside/outside sales and marketing experience including key account management knowledge
- Automotive aftermarket experience preferred but not required
- Demonstrated Leadership Skills
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and formal presentations.
- Solid understanding of MS Office especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Up to 50% travel required.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement. If you would like more information or are interested in applying please submit your resume and a cover letter that includes your salary requirements at: https://agccareers.com/agc-automotive-careers/ Submissions that do not contain salary requirements will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.