AGC | Cost Analyst (Finance)
Get to Know Us:
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
Summary of Position:
The role of the Cost Analyst is to develop accurate product cost estimates and communicate this data within the organization. To be successful in the role, knowledge of both product and process are critical. The Cost Analyst must be able to review the product design from Engineering and the manufacturing process for reasonableness. The Cost Analyst needs to provide well-rounded, detailed, and accurate financial analysis to new business proposals, early advanced engineering projects, and corporate initiatives. Understanding of estimating and rate development is preferred.
Location: Open to consider any AGC North America site location.
Product Costing Process
- Provide detailed analysis of various manufacturing and volume scenarios for review by the Senior Leadership.
- Understand specific details of manufacturing lines, plants, and processes along with the positives and negatives of each potential manufacturing option and the impacts on the overall cost of a product.
- Work effectively with a cross-functional team including Sales, Manufacturing, Program Management, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Process Technology, and Finance.
- Participate in Status Review meetings, Launch Kick-Off meetings, Design Review meetings, etc.
- Review OEM documents provided with a Request for Quote (RFQ).
- Collect, understand and review required data from Product Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain.
- Ensure that the product Bill of Material (BOM) is complete. Review BOM assumptions for reasonableness.
- Evaluate part geometry design (glass, assembly/encapsulation, components), Tolerances, etc., and with the support of New Model Engineering team.
- Review business volume, program life, the start of production date, manufacturing location, and delivery assumptions.
- Understand manufacturing machine cycle, labor, indirect costs, scrap, equipment, and tooling for reasonableness.
- Develop product cost: material usage, material cost, machine cycle, labor, efficiency assumptions, scrap, capital requirements, depreciation assumptions, tooling, and logistic requirements for new business and for changes to current business as required.
- Complete make/buy studies on purchased products as needed.
- Populate and understand the cost model tool used to generate cost estimates and continuously work to refine and improve the tool.
- Provide financial insight on balancing equipment automation and labor.
- Set targets for purchased items.
- Provide costing support for advanced engineering projects.
- Communicate and educate the organization on overall costs and explain the costs in an easy-to-understand manner
- Participate in yearly overhead rate study for all manufacturing locations.
- Can explain year over year line rate changes.
- Works with Finance Team to develop transfer pricing on an annual basis.
- Bridge quote cost data and standard cost data as needed.
- Understand the Capital Appropriation Request (CAR) process and can complete a CAR.
Product Costing System
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures, and work instructions for product costing requirements to increase cost accuracy and reduce lead-time for product cost quotations.
- Assist with organization of cost models in SharePoint (initiation of folders, change of status, etc.…).
- Ability to recognize the audience and deliver audience-appropriate presentations.
- Support regional, global, and corporate initiatives (e.g., design for assembly, continuous improvement projects, manufacturing footprint studies)
- Understand AGC Auto product cost position within the market.
- Actively contribute to departmental initiatives/process improvements to enhance the overall department's effectiveness.
- Utilize various computer systems such as SAP, MAPICS, Teamcenter, and Excel to work as effectively as possible
- 2-5 years experience in finance, engineering, or manufacturing.
- 4-year degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or Engineering. MBA or CPA preferred
- In-depth understanding of key financial measures: IRR, ROA, ROS, NPV, Contribution Margin
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to sort, manipulate and analyze large amounts of data.
- High aptitude for problem-solving, to resolve business, financial, customer, and organizational issues.
- Proven interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Must possess highly effective analytical skills in areas of accounting, critical thinking, analysis, and communication.
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint Outlook, and Excel)
- Must have the ability to work effectively under pressure and meet timely deliverables
- Must be proactive and flexible to meet changing demands
- Must be results-oriented, energetic, proactive, and a team player
- Ability to effectively breakdown a cost estimate to identify high-cost drivers and present for discussion with management
We’re looking for someone with:
Creativity – You possess the internal need to create and continually iterate. You look at situations with an open mind and develop smart, efficient and often non-obvious solutions.
Innate Curiosity – You are naturally curious about cause-effect relationships, what-if scenarios, and why-done analysis.
Intuitive – You have the ability to see interconnections and dependencies between seemingly disparate pieces. You can identify a missing element and/or gap based on general logic, even without having specific knowledge or experience in the subject.
Self-Educating – In addition to formal training opportunities, you possess an internal drive to identify areas of missing knowledge and independently close gaps.
Internally Motivated – You have an internal drive based on interest and/or self-imposed expectations.
Humble / Customer Serving – You embody our mission to enable the customer-facing teams to be successful. You understand that our customer’s failure is, at least on some level, our failure.
Customer Service – You embody our mission to enable the customer-facing teams to be successful. You understand that our customer’s failure is, at least on some level, is our failure.
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, paid vacation, paid company holidays, 401k with Company match, free uniforms, and opportunities for career advancement.
If you would like more information or are interested in applying submit your resume and salary requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.