AGC | Capacity Lead (Manufacturing Strategy), Bellefontaine, OH
Location: This role may be located in Bellefontaine, OH or Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
As part of the Manufacturing Strategy Team the Capacity Lead will study and analyze the production capacity requirements throughout the organization so to meet the changing needs of the customer(s). Coordination of local capacity management and analysis with AGC's manufacturing sites to ensure consistency, data integrity, and accuracy in real time. The Capacity Lead needs to understand how the business operates and plans for future capacity requirements and undertakes planning activities to ensure targets are met to optimize manufacturing efficiency, stock levels and cost.
- Assessing existing capacity and developing operational plans and forecasts based on future plans for demand
- Creating, managing, and presenting the monthly executive capacity review and analysis to top management
- Monitoring key manufacturing processes for capacity and demand, identifying capacity constraints and providing analysis
- Analyzing specifications and capacity and undertaking appropriate calculations to estimate job requirements in terms of labor, tools, materials, and resources
- Ensuring that the right tools and processes are in place to deliver effective capacity planning and performance
- A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or related discipline
- Five or more years of experience working in Capacity Planning and/or, Inventory Management, in a multi-site manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in Excel and SAP
- Quantitative and qualitative assessment skills, critical thinking skills, and ability to constructively challenge ideas and assumptions
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.